Operations Technician - Enterprise & Wholesale
- Department: Enterprise and Wholesale
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
Brightspeed is looking for a driven, creative, experienced, and energetic leader to join our team and help support our life and safety customers.
Operating in a highly cross-functional environment, this role is influential and has an ability to make an immediate and significant impact on the business. This role focuses on supporting a team caring for enterprise revenue customer accounts. The Manager of Business Care will lead and motivate the customer services team in providing an exceptional experience
As an Operations Technician, you will have the following duties:
- Monitor and maintain the Brightspeed transport network
- Open trouble tickets and works the repair of network equipment/facilities with field operations, tech support and other work groups
- Skilled in equipment-specific maintenance procedures and can assist field ops in card swaps and equipment restoration.
- Lead in driving equipment and facility repair
- Understand Optical/DWDM transport network topology and/or digital loop carrier (DLC) Can make final go/no-go decisions on maintenance based on current network status Analyze network events and identifies critical issues, setting appropriate priorities to maintain 99.9999% network reliability
- Able to follow MOPs, anticipate problems, and take corrective action proactively Understand and researche technical issues through vendor documentation
- Thorough understanding of telecom, network topology and Brightspeed repair procedures Work with minimal supervision in NOC environment, sometimes for extended hours and is available to work all hours in a 24x7 environment
- Communicate effectively with peers, other Brightspeed centers, off-net providers and customers
- Maintain excellent acknowledgement and response time to alarms and customer calls
- Provide high quality documentation of network failures and maintenance activity
- Establish factual data to allow management and vendors to understand the problem and prevent reoccurrence
- Verify that network subsystems are operating within standards by gathering and analyzing system performance data
- Propose and implement solutions to identified problems
- Work with vendors to resolve problems and hold them to a high standard of performance
- Analyze, diagnose, sectionalize, isolate, and resolve trouble situations
- Manage and correlate multiple trouble reports
- Communicate with internal customers and others in a repair situation
- Provide Tier I/II support in platforms supported
- Manage and guide restoration bridges during outage conditions
- Provide direct support to technicians in restoration activities associated with alarm and/or outage conditions of transport elements
- Interact with all Tier repair teams
- Initiate internal/external escalations, as necessary
- Provide assistance to peers and participate in ongoing repair process improvement activities
- Provide follow-up and closure of assigned trouble tickets
- Provide direct training to technicians and participate in ongoing repair process improvement activities.
- Work in 24x7 environment and may need to work evenings, nights and/or weekends and holidays
Professional Success Competencies:
- Communicating - Conveying information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods, both internal and external.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – Identifying issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from various sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, & chooses a course of action.
- Driving for Results - Setting ambitious standards of performance for self and the overall team; responsibility for work goals; initiates, focuses, and monitoring the efforts; proactively acting, and going beyond what is needed.
- Client & Partner Relationships - Developing and sustaining relationships based on an understanding of client, partner and stakeholder needs and
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Associate's degree or equivalent education and relevant experience
- 3+ years of related experience in specific area or equivalent
- Must have customer facing experience in a similar role at a prior telecommunications company with proven experience working in an Operations Technician or similar Service Assurance role
- Executive level presence and able to communicate with client stakeholders
- Extensive knowledge of TDM and IP based voice and data services
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and work collaboratively with sales, customer experience, and network operations colleagues to support service assurance.
- Must have strong personal leadership skills and is a Professional, responsive, and a good team player
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Strong customer focus and excellent attention to detail
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We are opening a new, state-of-the-art corporate HQ in Charlotte, NC and our current priority is to make it a truly vibrant destination by hiring talent in the greater Charlotte area who are interested in a hybrid remote/office work arrangement. As always, however, we are also open to providing sensible remote options to talent outside of the Charlotte area. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer