Carrier Relations Manager
- Department: Enterprise and Wholesale
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
Brightspeed is looking for a driven, creative, and energetic Carrier Relations Manager to join our team.
You will have a proven track record for getting things done and maintaining a high level of ownership and accountability. In this role, you will be responsible for contracting and procurement of network services to provide to, and support solutions for Brightspeed customers. You will interact with Product Management, Sales, Engineering, and Network Planning to ensure support for Off-Net services. You will also manage relationships with vendors including contracts, service level agreements, and billing disputes.
As the Carrier Relations Manger, you will have the following duties:
- Work with Sales to design, sell, and support network solutions to customers for locations outside of the Brightspeed network footprint. Work with a consultative approach to understand the business challenges and develop and communicate solutions to address those challenges.
- Interface with Engineering and Network Planning to procure network services and interconnections and manages service levels for field level build, operations, and maintenance of services including Internet connections, and Voice connections and Usage.
- Negotiate and manage contracts and relationships with vendors that supply network services to Brightspeed.
- Work with Product Management to effectively deliver finished network services to customers and develop local access products for off-net locations.
Professional Success Competencies:
- Communicating - Conveying information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods, both internal and external.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – Identifying issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from various sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, & chooses a course of action.
- Driving for Results - Setting ambitious standards of performance for self and the overall team; responsibility for work goals; initiates, focuses, and monitoring the efforts; proactively acting, and going beyond what is needed.
- Client & Partner Relationships - Developing and sustaining relationships based on an understanding of client, partner and stakeholder needs and actions.
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in carrier relations.
- Must have exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage the success of multiple projects concurrently.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and work collaboratively with marketing, sales, and channel management colleagues to support revenue growth.
- Must be an enthusiastic self-starter, able to work independently and manage a small team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We are opening a new, state-of-the-art corporate HQ in Charlotte, NC and our current priority is to make it a truly vibrant destination by hiring talent in the greater Charlotte area who are interested in a hybrid remote/office work arrangement. As always, however, we are also open to providing sensible remote options to talent outside of the Charlotte area. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play, and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer