- Department: Finance
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Collections Specialist to join our growing team! As a Collections Specialist, you will report directly to the Manager, Collections & Disputes. You will be responsible for collecting revenues owed from business customers. Your will also assist with basic billing inquiries and disputes based on customer feedback related to their invoices. You will be expected to provide superior customer service and to provide prompt responses and resolutions to customers concerns to ensure prompt payment. Come help us build the best and fastest fiber-optic network in America!
As a Collections Specialist, you will have the following duties:
- Receive inbound calls from Brightspeed business customers for collections, payment arrangements, and simple billing inquires
- Meet established collection objectives monthly
- Collect and manage past due accounts for moderate to large sized business customers
- Use various computer systems simultaneously
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships and problem solve with the customer
- Preparation of monthly collection reports and recommendations on credit memos and write off activities
- Collaborate with sales, customer service, billing operations, and AR teams in reconciling accounts
- Review and comprehend contractual agreements with customers that govern the servicing relationship
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- 3+ years of experience in B2B collections
- Ability to overcome objections and offer solutions to resolve potential roadblocks
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Able to communicate effectively orally and in writing with appropriate detail, judgement, and discretion at all levels of the organization including senior management.
- Relationship-builder and strong listening skills
- Demonstrates competence, professionalism, and leadership presence: Is objective and free from undue influence; conveys sound judgment; builds trust; is collaborative, insightful, proactive, and future-focused
- Well–organized, ensuring that all deliverables are met on time with excellent results and anticipates implementation or workload issues related to emerging developments
- Demonstrates integrity and the highest ethical standards in all aspects
- Ability to learn complex systems, process quickly and be able to convey that knowledge to others.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field
- Telecommunications industry experience
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We are opening a new, state-of-the-art corporate HQ in Charlotte, NC and our current priority is to make it a truly vibrant destination by hiring talent in the greater Charlotte area who are interested in a hybrid remote/office work arrangement. As always, however, we are also open to providing sensible remote options to talent outside of the Charlotte area. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play, and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer