Real Estate Project Manager, Energy Management
- Department: Administrative Services
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
We are looking for a Real Estate Project Manager, Energy Management to join our growing Administrative Services team! In this role, you will report directly to the Manager, Portfolio Management. You will be responsible for Energy Management for a 9M sq. ft. real estate portfolio. You will work with multiple key internal groups, as well as external consultants, and will be required to generate detailed energy analysis and reporting from various internal and external data systems using advanced data evaluation techniques.
As Real Estate Project Manager, Energy Management, your duties will include:
- Management of 3rd party outsourced utility bill payment provider
- Daily utility bill research and exception process
- Daily/weekly 3rd party suppler funding review and approval
- Initiation and termination of utility services
- Utility service issue resolution
- Credit and deposit issues
Commodity Procurement & Supply Side Management
- Utility rate and tariff review
- Deregulated market and third-party electricity contracts
- Regular forecasting of utility consumption and expenses
- Monthly financial reporting and variance analysis
- Monthly accruals and reconciliations
- Demand side energy management
- Energy efficiency projects and cost reduction programs
- Energy metrics and reporting
- Unit Cost analysis
- Building systems and energy management programs
- Energy benchmarking and reporting
- Sustainability and greenhouse gas reporting
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, , business, finance, or other technically related field
- 4+ years of experience demonstrating strong analytical skills
- Self-starter with the ability to organize project parameters and work with minimum direction and supervision
- Experience in energy management or utilities industry
- Expert level knowledge of MS Excel, including the use of advanced data evaluation formulas, pivot tables, filters, and V-Lookups is required
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, maintain a high level of attention to data/result integrity, be detail oriented, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong oral and written communication skills
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We are opening a new, state-of-the-art corporate HQ in Charlotte, NC and our current priority is to make it a truly vibrant destination by hiring talent in the greater Charlotte area who are interested in a hybrid remote/office work arrangement. As always, however, we are also open to providing sensible remote options to talent outside of the Charlotte area. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer