Income Tax Manager
- Department: Finance
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Income Tax Manager to lead and manage our growing team. As our Income Tax Manager, you will be well-versed in Corporate Tax, have people management experience and be able to navigate the complex nature of state and local tax laws. This is a unique chance to join a rapidly growing telecom organization and take your career to the next level!
As Income Tax Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and review tax provision calculations for monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting
- Prepare ASC 740 related disclosures for quarterly and annual reporting
- Manage the tax compliance process, including coordination with third party service providers
- Assist with tax planning initiatives and maintain compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act requirements as they pertain to corporate tax provision matter
- Assist with modeling of various tax scenarios/legislative changes/forecasts for planning purposes including cash tax forecasts
- Research and document findings regarding various federal and state tax matters, including the impact on tax provision calculations
- Ensure a cohesive and comprehensive approach to identification, recommendation, an integration of tax technology implementations, automation, data wrangling, and analytics to create process and business partner value
- Develop and maintain audit ready documentation and support for tax positions
- Work closely with accounting, finance, and management to ensure strategic alignment of the tax function with other business units
- Train, mentor, grow, inspire, and evaluate your team to enhance their performance, development, and work product: address performance issues and make recommendations for personnel actions
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- 4+ years of experience and a strong background in the accounting for income taxes (ASC740), federal taxation of U.S. corporations and consolidated groups, with general knowledge of partnership taxation
- A thorough knowledge of a variety of state and local tax laws, including multi-state income tax planning, compliance, preparing returns, income tax accounting, controversies, restructuring, due diligence, and audit defense
- CPA or other relevant certification
- Master’s degree in Accounting/Taxation preferred
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Solid knowledge of OneSource Tax Provision and Corporate Tax software or equivalent
- Strong experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and web-based tax research tool
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment that is fast paced and demanding
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Telecommunications industry experience
- Experience with SAP and SharePoint
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We are opening a new, state-of-the-art corporate HQ in Charlotte, NC and our current priority is to make it a truly vibrant destination by hiring talent in the greater Charlotte area who are interested in a hybrid remote/office work arrangement. As always, however, we are also open to providing sensible remote options to talent outside of the Charlotte area. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play, and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer