IT Technical Lead, Engineering Systems
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Department: Information Technology
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
IT Technical Lead, Engineering Systems
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Technical Lead, Engineering Systems to join our rapidly growing team. In this position, you will be responsible for driving the Architecture & Design, integration, and delivery management in the IT Engineering Systems Portfolio. This role requires a love of learning and problem solving, and the ability to guide a team towards implementing architectures and solutions. Apply Agile/Scrum Principals to automate and accelerate the adoption of technologies, services, and upgrades.
As IT Technical Lead, your responsibilities will include:
- Create solutions, analyzing the customer’s business goals, needs and general business environment to design technical system answers
- Technical Delivery and Integration management
- Perform system analysis, requirements analysis, and functional analysis
- Must be able to demonstrate a Systems thinking mindset
- Be capable of understanding a complex problem, developing an approach to solve it and documenting that approach to implement
- Translate business requirements to software specification and requirements
- Define standards and guidelines, best practices to maintain code quality
- Support day-to-day business operations
- Engage with business partners and peers to identify the opportunities to improve user experience
- Coordinate and drive the delivery across IT and Business partners in a multi-vendor environment through the Agile/Scrum SDLC – requirements, architecture, design, development, testing, deployment, and support
- Hands on involvement as needed in all areas of SDLC – troubleshooting, debugging, verification and testing, production monitoring and performance analysis
- Adopt Agile, DevOps and other enablers to improve the effectiveness of project delivery
- Conduct periodical reviews of the project progress, risk, issues with executives
- Provide industry knowledge, experience, and best practices to help the team stay ahead of the curve in keeping our technology stack cutting edge
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- BS degree in Business Technology / Computer Science or equivalent, and related disciplines with at least 5 years of hands-on Industry experience in the following areas.
- Experience working with Agile / Scrum methodology
- Proven data analytical skills working with GCP and Looker dashboards
- Experience building complex data relationships in a high-performance scalable database environment
- Background in IT Engineering systems network design and project management
- Knowledge of Google Maps API, Bing Maps API, SMARTY webservices
- Experience in one of the cloud technologies – GCP, Azure, AWS
- Experience in working requirements and design with at least one of the Analytics platforms – BigQuery/Looker, Tableau or PowerBI
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and participate in discussion focusing on best practices, user experience, functional requirements, and team dynamics.
- Experience leading software development lifecycle including concept, design, prototyping, integration, testing, and production release
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to prioritize the key business programs by collaborating with business partners
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience driving development of features on a complex business critical project related to large scale USPS address data acquisition
- CSPO (Certified Scrum Product Owner) preferred
- Hands on IQGeo engineering software end user experience
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We are opening a new, state-of-the-art corporate HQ in Charlotte, NC and our current priority is to make it a truly vibrant destination by hiring talent in the greater Charlotte area who are interested in a hybrid remote/office work arrangement. As always, however, we are also open to providing sensible remote options to talent outside of the Charlotte area. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play, and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer