Manager, Fixed Assets Accounting
- Department: Finance
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
We are currently looking for a Manager, Fixed Assets Accounting to join our growing Finance team!
In this role, you will report directly to the Senior Manager, Fixed Assets Accounting. As Manager, Fixed Assets Accounting, you will lead the implementation of processes, policies, and procedures ensuring the accuracy of Fixed Assets accounting and reporting. You will play a major part in the financial month-end closing and reporting process by managing complex journal entries and the fixed assets subledger for the company. You will partner with key business stakeholders and business finance partners to provide guidance on capital versus expense accounting treatment and to ensure adherence to applicable guidance, policies and processes. You will need to have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and will need to be a leader that can motivate and develop the staff.
As Manager, Fixed Assets Accounting, your duties will include:
- Ensure the fixed assets subledger and corresponding general ledger accounts are properly calculated, supported, and reconciled
- Assists in managing the monthly, quarterly, and yearly close process relating to fixed assets, deferred assets, intangibles, and lease accounting
- Provide proper due diligence and accounting of built and acquired fixed assets, including the implementation of a new depreciation policy
- Assists in managing external and internal audit activities relating to fixed assets, deferred assets, intangibles, and lease accounting
- Assists in developing and implementing Accounting Policies and Standard Operating Procedures to support the tracking and reporting of fixed assets in accordance with GAAP
- Review and enhance analysis and analytical processes and controls
- Provide accounting guidance to internal stakeholders for capital vs expense treatment for contracts and invoices
- Manage the internal processes for the allocation of capitalized labor and interest during construction to internal projects
- Monitor aging balances for assets under construction
- Prioritize and review staff activities to ensure appropriate work quality and staff productivity
- Manage performance and ensure ongoing development of staff
- Ensure effective working relationships with key business partners
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience, including 5+ years of related experience in Fixed Assets accounting
- Preferred 2+ years of experience leading teams of direct reports in a deadline-driven environment.
- Experience organizing a large volume of information and identifying and deploying automation tools/solutions
- Proficiency in the use of database tools and financial reporting packages.
- Clear communicator, experience running meetings effectively, and to explain complex concepts to a non-technical audience
- Complete ownership and accountability of the function given the deadline-oriented nature of the position
- Adaptable to changing business environment and organizational structure
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA designation
- Experience with SAP, Big Query, and/or CoStar a plus
- Background in the telecommunications industry
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We are opening a new, state-of-the-art corporate HQ in Charlotte, NC and our current priority is to make it a truly vibrant destination by hiring talent in the greater Charlotte area who are interested in a hybrid remote/office work arrangement. As always, however, we are also open to providing sensible remote options to talent outside of the Charlotte area. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer