Real Estate Systems Administrator
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Department: Administrative Services
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
Brightspeed is looking for a Real Estate Systems Administrator to join our growing Administrative Services group! In this role, you will report directly to the Director, Real Estate.
As Real Estate Systems Administrator, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Provide system support for the Real Estate, Fleet and EHS organization which includes administering user rights, ensuring the systems are in working and available to users. Configure and test the systems as needed. Provide user training for systems, including writing or editing documentation. Design, create, and maintain job aids and other educational tools as needed.
- Troubleshoot system problems and provide support to internal, external clients and support groups. Diagnose whether application issue is a technical problem, the result of user error, or the result of a hardware problem. Consult with customers to develop detailed requirements to develop system enhancements to accommodate requirements. Understand and interpret customer needs to determine user requirements and technical solutions to meet those requirements.
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- 5+ years of real estate systems administration experience
- Ability to understand real estate portfolio and the drivers of major principal use, cost per square foot, owned leased properties, and apply it to day-to-day decisions
- Experience with SAP, and other SAP modules
- Comprehensive knowledge of real estate management principles, techniques and laws involved in the operations and maintenance of telecommunications facilities
- Ability to work effectively with other disciplines within the Real Estate organization as well as other business units within the corporation
- Organized self-starter who can understand and proactively support strategic corporate objectives, while translating and training at the tactical level as necessary for implementation
- Good understanding of various corporate support functions (Legal, Risk Management/Environmental, etc.), and how to utilize those resources effectively and efficiently
- Ability to analyze, modify, and/or effectively implement processes where necessary for successful program delivery
- Ability to strategically align with cross-functional business unit leaders to accommodate major regional and national corporate programs
- Knowledge of computers for use with applications, databases, spreadsheets, MS Office Suite©, and other relevant software packages
- Strong oral and written communication, negotiation, and financial skills
- Ability to manage various vendors/contractors in delivering service components
- Decision making and analytical skills, strong team player and role model
- Detail oriented with strong planning, monitoring, and follow-up skills
- May be required to be on-call
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Real estate industry certifications
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We are opening a new, state-of-the-art corporate HQ in Charlotte, NC and our current priority is to make it a truly vibrant destination by hiring talent in the greater Charlotte area who are interested in a hybrid remote/office work arrangement. As always, however, we are also open to providing sensible remote options to talent outside of the Charlotte area. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer