Business Customer Care Specialist
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Department: Enterprise and Wholesale
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
Brightspeed is looking for a driven, creative, experienced, and energetic leader to join our team and help support our life and safety customers.
Operating in a highly cross-functional environment, this role is influential and has an ability to make an immediate, significant impact on the business. This role focuses on supporting large revenue customer accounts. The Business Customer Care Specialist will be the primary point of contact for all customer technical, operational, and escalated issues.
As Business Customer Care Specialist, you will have the following duties:
- Provide general written and verbal customer support for internal and external Brightspeed customers with single contact resolution
- Demonstrate ability to efficiently and accurately process and manage Access Service Requests for multiple Brightspeed products or access provider(s)
- Demonstrate a consistent, elevated level of performance as measured by SLAs, On Time Performance and quality standards
- Excel at managing the assigned queue using time management skills
- Provide technical support for internal and external teams
- Identify and champion resolution for process issues. Work cross functionally to implement process changes
- Provide input into appropriate training and documentation around provisioning processes.
- Participate in UATs as needed
- Support special projects
- Utilize current systems to properly authenticate customer
- Solve complex customer issues by using provided systems and resources
- Provide technical support and navigation assistance of Brightspeed’s customer portal
- Validate customer request type to create Move Add Change order requests for customer
- Identify system inconsistencies and make recommendation on fixes or improvements
- Ability to gather and present department data to peers and leadership
- Team representative for system and process releases
- Provides technical expertise and resources to assigned functional group for company products and services
- Develop department training material relating to products, systems, equipment, and processes
- Conduct quality reviews and audits, analysis, for respective Service Delivery team(s) to ensure consistent, effective processes
Behavioral & Technical:
- Provide best in class customer experience utilizing strong written and verbal communication skills focused on resolving the customer’s concern at 1st point of contact
- Identify and document root cause of customer’s issue using active listening and strategic questions
- Provide recommendations related to process improvement opportunities
- Subject matter expert to peers
- Ability to interact professionally with peer departments and leverage them to improve customer experience
- Serve as an escalation point to the customer
- Lead teams in problem / risk analysis, and process implementation
- Facilitate continuous learning and able to effectively transfer knowledge to others
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent
- 2+ years of contact center experience
- 2+ Years of Telecommunications experience
- Strong computer skills with MS Office experience and the ability to navigate multiple systems at once
- Strong written/verbal communication experience
- Strong Customer Service skills
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We are opening a new, state-of-the-art corporate HQ in Charlotte, NC and our current priority is to make it a truly vibrant destination by hiring talent in the greater Charlotte area who are interested in a hybrid remote/office work arrangement. As always, however, we are also open to providing sensible remote options to talent outside of the Charlotte area. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer