Director, FP&A and Capital Management
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Department: Finance
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by private equity firm Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
As Director, Financial Planning & Analysis and Capital Management, you will support all planning, forecasting, and strategic analytics activities for a new company acquiring existing telecom assets in 20 states. You will be joining a new organization on the ground floor, with the opportunity to stand up a finance organization from scratch. Come help us build the best and fastest fiber-optic network in America!
As Director, FP&A and Capital Management, you will provide impactful analysis highlighting performance results and effect on business plans, assisting in decision support to improve performance, productivity, and value. You will manage and mentor employees engaged in finance/accounting activities, coordinate the preparation of budgets, track performance, and report results. This highly visible role provides financial support to the business, including cost accounting, revenue recognition, subcontractor financial management, forecasting, variance analysis, invoice preparation/review, and cash flow management (to include timely unbilled analysis/reconciliations). You will also analyze external economic conditions and their impact on business operations (e.g., inflation, interest rates, exchange rates, etc.).
The Director, FP&A and Capital Management will have the following responsibilities:
- Compile and analyze financial information for the organization
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Analyze and report on actual versus planned financial results
- Create ad-hoc analyses to drive business strategy and improve efficiency
- Prepare and monitor long-range strategic planning models
- Oversee model development, validation, and deployment efforts for forecasting models
- Implement and oversee a formal capital planning process
- Organize financial benchmarking, including executive reporting of key performance indicators
- Analyze customer, economic, geographic, and technology trends.
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- 10+ years of experience with financial analysis in a large corporate environment
- 10+ years of experience with finance, investor relations or FP&A
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or similar field
- Strong financial product knowledge
- Analytical and financial modeling skills
- Ability to prepare financial and accounting records
- Knowledge of budgeting and cost control principles
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or similar field
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We meet you where you are...wherever you are, by providing sensible remote and hybrid work arrangements. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please be advised that Brightspeed (Connect Holding LLC) requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to the Company’s legal obligations including potentially accommodating an employee’s sincerely held religious beliefs or medical condition.