Sales and Service Vendor Manager
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Sales and Marketing
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by private equity firm Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Vendor Manager, responsible for sourcing, onboarding and managing Sales and Customer Service partners in the mass markets telecom environment. As Vendor Manager, you will be a part of the Marketing and Sales Organization and will be accountable for key aspects of the customer experience such as service levels, while working to manage business costs and improve the efficiency of call center and chat agents. A primary responsibility of this position is working with our vendor partners to deliver service, sales, and retention commitments. You will also work with vendor partners to forecast staffing needs by evaluating contact volumes and headcount requirements. In addition, you will be the lead for negotiating a mutually agreeable contract and monitoring contract adherence. Your vendor onboarding responsibilities include outlining systems/technical integration requirements; executing related user acceptance testing; and insuring training implementation.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional who can deliver a high standard of care to our customers and deliver on our financial commitments. Because we are acquiring telecom assets in 20 States, during the first year you will develop and implement a sales and service roadmap while simultaneously understanding and translating the Seller’s current operating environment, to identify accelerated growth opportunities.
As Vendor Manager you will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage relationships with Sales and Customer Service vendors/partners to deliver service, sales, and retention commitments
- Develop and negotiate statements of work to define deliverables
- Negotiate pricing agreements
- Work with vendor partner to establish and monitor Key Performance Indicators. Conduct periodic Operations Reviews with vendor partner
- Work with vendor partner to ensure adherence to legal requirements and the highest ethical standards of behavior
- Work with vendor teams to ensure calls and chats are handled in accordance with company goals
- Manage and modify work processes in real time to optimize service delivery
- Forecast staffing needs, considering volume and headcount requirements
- Generate and interpret reports to track changes to productivity or performance
- Provide updates on performance to company leaders
- Uphold a high standard of customer service through real-time observations and other customer satisfaction methods
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- A bachelor’s degree in a business-related field or equivalent
- Previous work experience managing Sales and Service Channel operations through vendor arrangements
- 3+ years experience as a vendor manager for high-volume transaction organizations with at least 500+ agents
- 3+ years experience with key call center support role in an environment with both internal and vendor employees
- Telecom/Cable/Internet Service Provider industry experience
- Proven vendor management and negotiation skills
- Computer proficiency
- Excellent organization and communication skills
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Master’s Degree in Business
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We meet you where you are...wherever you are, by providing sensible remote and hybrid work arrangements. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer