Manager, Legal and Regulatory Systems
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Information Technology
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by private equity firm Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Manager - Legal & Regulatory Systems to lead and manage the digital echo systems to support the legal and regulatory domain for our company.
As a key leader on our IT team, you will be responsible for managing and building out the platform to support public policy & compliance, ethics & compliance, tariff support, federal and state outage reporting and PSAP support, mapping, cost modeling, strategic analytics, litigation, labor and employment and the privacy and cybersecurity functions for the legal and regulatory domain at Brightspeed. In this exciting role, you will be challenged with the opportunity to re-imagine every aspect of legal and regulatory systems for the company.
As IT Manager – Legal & Regulatory Systems you have a deep technical background building scalable solutions to support complex business processes. You must be passionate about architecture, robust design practices, efficient execution and delivering operational excellence.
As IT Manager - Legal & Regulatory Systems, your responsibilities will include:
- Design technology solutions for complex business problems
- Influence, negotiate, build consensus, and align with peers, product, business teams and vendor partners on solutioning and implementation
- Be able to operate in a fast-paced environment with laser focus on delivering results
- Experience building and motivating high performance teams, foster inclusive environment
- Self-driven, detail-oriented, and skilled in managing multiple clients, stakeholders, and cross-functional projects
- Provide industry knowledge, experience, and best practices to help the team stay ahead of the curve in keeping our technology stack cutting edge
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering with at least 5 years of leadership experience
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience leading software development lifecycle including concept, design, prototyping, integration, testing, and production release
- Experience in public policy & compliance: Understand applications that may help support, track, drive, and store annual reporting, surcharges and fees, quality of service, emergency response, Eligible Telecommunications Carrier, Universal Service Fund
- Experience in ethics & compliance: Understand applications that may help support ethics and compliance activities
- Experience in federal and state outage reporting and PSAP support: Understand applications that may help support, track, drive, and store federal and state outage reporting and public safety
- Experience in litigation, labor & employment: Understand applications that may help support, track, and store litigation, cabor, and employment activities
- Experience in privacy & Cybersecurity: Understand applications that may help support, track, and store cybersecurity and privacy activities
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to articulate the 'why' for priorities and the customer impacts
- Experience leveraging event driven patterns to design asynchronous distributed platforms using micro-services architecture
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We meet you where you are...wherever you are, by providing sensible remote and hybrid work arrangements. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer