Director, Talent Management
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Human Resources
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by private equity firm Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
Our HR team is growing! We are seeking a highly-skilled Director, Talent Management who loves to build and see programs come to life in a start-up environment. This role reports directly to our Chief Human Resources Officer.
As Director, Talent Management, you will develop, manage, and execute the performance management cycle and career development program that foster talent development and support the strategic objectives, values, and culture of the organization. You will oversee a team that develops and manages processes for goal setting, coaching and feedback, performance and succession management, and engagement. You will also be responsible for providing analytics and insights to the leadership team to drive talent-related business decisions.
As Director, Talent Management, you will:
- Develop and implement contemporary organization performance processes to align the organization around common goals and objectives, evaluate individual progress and promote a culture of thoughtful and constructive feedback
- Develop and implement leading talent management processes to objectively assess talent, promote individual development, and ensure business continuity and optimization through comprehensive succession management
- Coordinate utilization of external coaches to address advanced development needs
- Work closely with business leaders on organizational design and strategies including resource planning
- Develop and implement a comprehensive professional development program to improve organizational capabilities and promote career advancement
- Develop and implement a comprehensive leadership development program to deepen the leadership bench at all levels of the organization and to improve leadership effectiveness and business outcomes
- Manage the timely and effective delivery of technical training for field technicians and customer contact center employees to accelerate time to productivity
- Develop and implement Brightspeed’s engagement strategy to ensure understanding of engagement drivers and how they promote our desired culture
- Incorporate Brightspeed’s Purpose and Core Beliefs into talent management processes to ensure understanding of and alignment to our company’s ethos
- Maintain certification in and manage the deployment of standard assessment tools, such as 360 feedback instruments and behavioral assessments utilized in learning and development programs and team interventions
- Develop Brightspeed’s diversity, equity and inclusion strategy to ensure our aspirations to achieve a diverse and inclusive culture are achieved, and that our core beliefs in social equity are realized within Brightspeed’s organization
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or business management
- 10+ years of experience in various disciplines within talent management
- Demonstrated experience running talent management programs in a geographically dispersed, field-based organization with at least 2,500 employees
- Demonstrated experience building new programs from scratch, incorporating emerging best practices into new program design
- 5 – 7 years of experience in a management role. Experience in managing a hybrid team is required
- Broad perspective to add strategic value at the executive level as a member of Brightspeed’s HR Leadership Team
- Ability to develop strong relationships with all levels of management and external resources
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources or Business Management
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We meet you where you are...wherever you are, by providing sensible remote and hybrid work arrangements. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer