Director, Consumer Product Marketing
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Sales and Marketing
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by private equity firm Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Director, Consumer Product Marketing. As the Director, Consumer Product Marketing you will own the positioning, pricing/packaging, and go to market for our consumer products. Working with product management, sales, marketing, and support you will be accountable for the strategies and initiatives that enable the acquisition and retention of consumers. You and your team will be responsible for identifying ideal customers, creating offers that meet their needs, developing the messaging that effectively communicates value propositions that resonant with them, and enabling our product, marketing, sales, and support to consistently deliver these messages at the right time via the best medium. You will be responsible for leading cross-functional marketing requirements and go-to-market initiatives for new products and features. Ultimately your success will be measured by achieving revenue targets from a base of highly satisfied customers. Come help us build the best and fastest fiber-optic network in America!
As Director, Consumer Product Marketing you will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead cross-functional collaboration to achieve revenue targets
- Collaborate with product management to define and execute a product strategy in a manner that is consistent with our company mission and values
- Manage an expense budget to achieve committed business results
- Lead by example using quantitative and qualitative data to drive decision making
- Determine total addressable market, characterize the customer segments and their needs, and prioritize target customers
- Establish and champion pricing, packaging, and promotions to achieve business objectives
- Generate marketing requirements documentation
- Set, track, and achieve the product marketing key results to deliver on the company’s objectives
- Collaborate with product management, sales and marketing to grow the customer base
- Lead cross-functional teams to create messaging narratives, positioning, and promotional campaigns
- Create and deliver content for marketing, sales, and support enablement
- Create reports and analyses for presentation to leadership and other stakeholders
- Coach and mentor your team to create high performing product marketers in partnership with our people department
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Bachelor’s degree (Business or related field)
- 7+ Years of Progressive experience in product marketing, sales, and customer service.
- 7 + years as a product marketer for consumer goods or services
- 3 + years as manager of people
- Experience as a consumer-focused marketer
- Experience leading the creation of compelling copy and other content to enable sales, marketing, and support
- Experience developing strategies and business cases that were funded
- Expertise in creating go to market strategies and leading cross-functional product/feature launches
- Demonstrated data literacy skills
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Master’s Degree
- Experience owning revenue targets in a matrix organization
- Expertise in performance marketing, branding, and/or customer relationship management
- Expertise in agile development methodologies
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We meet you where you are...wherever you are, by providing sensible remote and hybrid work arrangements. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer