VP, Accounting & Controller
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Department: Finance
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by private equity firm Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
We have an exceptionally exciting role for a VP, Accounting & Controller to join our ever growing and dynamic Finance team! This role will report directly to our Chief Financial Officer.
As VP, Accounting & Controller, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Direct and manage company fiscal functions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and current regulations
- Oversee and manage the preparation of accurate and timely consolidated financial statements and reports for annual, quarterly, and periodic filing requirements
- Ensure timely and accurate budget analysis and financial review for management team
- Recommend and develop policies and procedures to meet company financial objectives
- Oversee accounting function and provide guidance on cash management
- Lead development of accounting team and support organizational initiatives
- Provide strategic financial leadership and support in evaluation of potential acquisitions, mergers, and investments
- Implement effective accounting controls in compliance with all reporting and regulatory requirements
- Perform FP&A duties through the review of data anomalies, trends, or deviations and introduces strategies for improvement
- Build relationships with department heads and external partners to ensure clear communication and policy compliance across organization
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related discipline
- 7+ years in a finance or a Controller role with 3+ years in a management position
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation required
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic financial planning, resource allocation, and coordination of people and resources
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, and government regulations regarding accounting principles including Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods and coordination of people and resources
- Experience with spreadsheet software (i.e., IBM Lotus, Microsoft Excel, Corel QuatroPro)
- Ability to create clear and accurate financial reports
- Organizational skills to maintain the company’s financial records
- Ability to communicate with members at different levels of organization and beyond while maintaining confidentiality
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We meet you where you are...wherever you are, by providing sensible remote and hybrid work arrangements. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer