Vice President Sales and Channel Management
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Sales and Marketing
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by private equity firm Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
In the highly visible role you will lead the delivery of Residential and Small Business new customer acquisitions, revenue targets, and customer relationship goals, for our Company’s internet access and in-home/office networking solutions business. You will define and nurture an environment noted for exemplary customer service and advocacy, unrelenting integrity, and respect and care for employees.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a highly experienced, innovative, and driven Sales Channel Executive and relationship-builder to create a comprehensive distribution ecosystem for our new business, across a multi-state environment. You will be responsible for a diverse channel portfolio including inbound call center, chat, inbound and outbound telemarketing, digital acquisition partners, door-to-door agents, account managers serving connected communities, social media support, and retail event and pop-up opportunities. You will also direct the channel operations staff responsible for functions such as hiring, compensation, quota setting, training, policy and process design, labor relations, and agent communications.
Because we are acquiring telecom assets in 20 states, during the first year you will define and implement your own channel roadmap, while simultaneously understanding and translating the seller's current operating environment, to identify and enable accelerated growth and improvement opportunities.
The successful candidate will have an outstanding track record of delivering/exceeding sales and revenue results in a comparable, fast-paced environment, developing valuable Go-to-Market partnerships, and demonstrating a deep understanding of and dedication to best-in-class customer experience. You will work and co-create with partners and peers across all functional areas, and with 3rd parties/vendors to bring your channel vision to life, leveraging your experience, voice of the customer, and technology enablers, to set and evolve policy, process, operational standards, and innovation that deliver the Company’s strategic goals.
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Directly relevant experience leading, transforming and modernizing Sales and Channel Operations in ISP, Cable, or Telco environment
- Demonstrated ability to execute acquisition and CRM programs that produce desired revenue and customer loyalty outcomes
- Ability to successfully prioritize initiatives and manage efforts across multiple distribution channels
- Passion for delivering a superior, yet simple and intuitive customer experience
- Extensive experience with data management and analysis as pertains to sales effectiveness and efficiency, customer satisfaction, call center productivity, and quality assurance
- Natural drive and curiosity to draw insights from myriad data and customer research to deliver sales and service solutions that solve gaps and/or deliver a better solution vs. competitive alternatives
- Predisposition for solutions that are data science-driven, and able to be deployed in the manner matching customers’ sales and service paths and preferences, including digital and self-service
- Ability to forge value-producing business relationships with vendors/3rd parties
- Exemplary interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Excellent visualization and written/verbal communications skills with all levels throughout the organization
- Working knowledge of marketing and sales disciplines including pricing, promotion, distribution, campaign management, merchandising, and customer outreach
- Bachelors’ degree or 3-5 years equivalent work experience at Senior Leadership level
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience leading high-volume call centers that utilize platforms such as Salesforce, Genesys
- Experience leading external sales channels including telemarketing and door-to-door
- Experience with AI and Machine Learning applications in the Sales and Customer Service arena
- Certification or advanced studies in program management, sales management, training, CRM, or quality assurance
- Masters’ degree in Marketing, Business, IT, or related discipline
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We meet you where you are...wherever you are, by providing sensible remote and hybrid work arrangements. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer