- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Finance
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by private equity firm Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
As the Director, Accounting, you will be joining a new organization on the ground floor, with the opportunity to contribute to the start-up of a finance organization from scratch. You will provide ongoing guidance and maintain compliance with audit requirements. Ensure compliance with financial transaction recording standards (e.g., general ledger, cash payments/collections, tax transactions, etc.) for a new company acquiring existing telecom assets in 20 states. Come help us build the best and fastest fiber-optic network in America!
As Director, Accounting you will have the following responsibilities:
- Directs and manages company fiscal functions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and current regulations.
- Provide research and guidance for accounting policy.
- Oversees and manages the preparation of accurate and timely consolidated financial statements and reports for annual, quarterly, and periodic filing requirements
- Recommends and develops policies and procedures to meet company financial objectives.
- Oversees accounting, leads the development of the accounting team and supports organizational initiatives.
- Provides strategic financial leadership and support in the evaluation of potential acquisitions, mergers, and investments.
- Implements effective accounting controls in compliance with all reporting and regulatory requirements.
- Builds relationships with department heads and external partners to ensure clear communication and policy compliance across the organization.
- Maintain knowledge of business and management principles involved in accounting and external reporting, resource allocation, and coordination of people and resources.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of laws, legal codes, and government regulations regarding accounting principles.
- Maintain proficiency in ERP accounting systems and spreadsheet software (i.e., IBM Lotus, Microsoft Excel, Corel QuatroPro).
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Bachelor’s degree (Accounting Finance, Business Administration, or related discipline)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- 5 years or more experience in accounting
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in accounting and external reporting, resource allocation, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, and government regulations regarding accounting principles including Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Experienced with spreadsheet software (i.e., IBM Lotus, Microsoft Excel, Corel QuatroPro). modeling skills
- Organizational skills to maintain organized financial records.
- Ability to communicate with members at various levels of the organization and beyond while maintaining confidentiality.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
Master’s degree in accounting or similar field
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We meet you where you are...wherever you are, by providing sensible remote and hybrid work arrangements. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer