IT Director, Engineering - Salesforce
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Information Technology
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by private equity firm Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
We have an extraordinary opportunity for an innovative, adaptable and results-oriented leader on our technology team as the IT Director, Engineering - Salesforce. In this exciting role, you will develop and implement a Salesforce platform strategy setting the direction for our Salesforce platform. You will be responsible for this technology that will transform our customer relationship management and customer interaction capabilities. As the Director you will lead the Salesforce technology platform and implement technology solutions using best in class CRM solutions to support our business strategy.
You are responsible for the overall accountability for technology strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship management for the Salesforce platform and strategic vendor relationships, along with being the strategic interface to multiple business units that utilize the Salesforce Platform. Furthermore, you will have a crucial role in achieving organization objectives through the effective use of technology. You will proactively explore IT Industry information to meet business objectives and communicate decisions, priorities and relevant information to appropriate levels of staff regarding work that will be completed on the Salesforce platform.
As the IT Director, Engineering – Salesforce, your responsibilities will include:
- Establish and lead the necessary platform governance structures to gain full value for the investment we have made in the Salesforce platform.
- Establish and communicate platform measures and metrics to the organization that highlight strategic value delivered by the platform.
- Partner with multiple business areas to develop a platform roadmap.
- Share expertise with peers across data, digital and technology, along with business partnerships to educate the organization of the value that the Salesforce platform can provide.
- Define outcome-based performance objectives and development plans for team members while ensuring alignment with department objectives.
- Develop a strategic staffing approach for the department that provides persistent expertise and allows for flexibility of additional capacity as business needs require.
- Builds and maintains a high-performing team; selects, develops, coaches, rewards and recognizes team members.
- Develops and maintains a network of industry contacts; performs research on industry trends, competitors, business and IT products; analyzes trends and make strategic and tactical recommendations.
- Ensures system, technical and product architectures are aligned with business objectives.
- Proactively shares knowledge of technology risks and opportunities to build competitive advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness of business processes.
- Creates and fosters an environment of innovation; remove roadblocks and enables strategic risk taking; advocates and drives change management and adoption of behaviors and practices.
- Discovers and introduces innovative solutions and practices to business partners
- Influences Leadership and above, on key decisions as it relates to the technology strategy as well as specific department plans.
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of experience in related field
- 5+ years of progressive management experience
- Strong organizational and thought leadership skills
- Experience leading large, multi-year, business-critical Salesforce platform preferably in a telecom company
- Hands on experience operating in a Product Operational Model
- Proficient in cloud platforms and applications, and experience implementing at an enterprise-scale
- In-depth understanding of cloud-native architectures, microservices, and open API’s
- Hands-on experience in Salesforce development and core frameworks (Apex and Lightning)
- Working knowledge of Data Analytics platforms
- Expertise in multiple SDLC methodologies
BONUS POINTS FOR:
Knowledge of CRM and order management process in a telecom company is a big plus
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We meet you where you are...wherever you are, by providing sensible remote and hybrid work arrangements. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer