IT Support Manager - West London - Salary Neg.
- London, UK
Are you an IT Support Manager looking for your next career move, possibly in a new sector or a techy looking to make the next step up? Do you enjoy following procedures and are an outgoing, fast-learning individual? Are you interested in joining an ethical and inclusive company with a vast team and offices spread worldwide!? Look no further!
Our client is one of the UK’s leading timber traders, dedicated to procuring, shipping, manufacturing, warehousing and marketing hardwoods, plywood and allied timber products. They are worldwide with offices in England, Canada, China, France, Portugal, South Africa, UK and USA (to name a few!). With a focus on Environmental Policy and providing outstanding customer care, it is no wonder our client has been going strong since 1989 and continues to expand further internationally each year. They are now looking to add an outgoing IT Support Manager to their ever-growing team!
Why work here?
· Fantastic rate of pay – negotiable depending on experience and skill set!
· Private health insurance and life insurance
· 20 days holiday increasing 1 day each year of service
· Inclusive team culture and one- month intensive training with senior manager to ensure your success
· Only 4 days a week in the office 9am- 5:30pm (but must be available 8 hours a week in case of urgent work or to attend service outages outside these times).
· Incredible West London location!
Maintenance & Support
- Sourcing and procurement of all hardware and software for the UK head office, and liaising/advising other international offices on their purchases.
- Setup, maintenance, and support of computers, peripherals, scanners, printers and photocopiers in most offices and some home offices. (Over 100 computers & laptops) – this can involve UK or international travel and out of hours work for emergencies and offices located in different time zones.
- Setup, maintenance of network hardware, Wi-Fi, Internet, CCTV equipment in all offices.
- Server maintenance/management:
o Mail server.
o Web site management (now 3rd party hosted)
o Database server (Fileserver).
o Remote application server.
o Sun Accounts server (SQL).
o Backup Server system (SQL).
o Windows Updates server (SQL).
o 5 local office servers (1 in Brazil, 1 in France, 1 in Canada)
o 3 Network Attached Storage devices in 3 offices
Back Up of Data, Software & Crucial Hardware Systems
· Overseeing proper backup of all important data across the group which is currently achieved with a mixture of local and centralised cloud-based backup.
· Anti-virus systems for the group – software and cloud-based.
· Protection of data against hacking, destruction and/or theft.
· UK Telecoms – Management and bill checking of mobile phone contracts, fixed line contracts, broadband contracts in UK.
· Support and management of all telecoms/broadband lines involving liaising with service providers when there are faults.
· Support and management of UK telephone system liaising with maintainer when there are faults.
· Basic website editing which involves some basic knowledge of HTML. (Not essential)
· Managing domain name and security certificate subscription contracts.
Key database facilitation
· Main UK Database and Program - Liaising, coordinating and troubleshooting hardware optimisation with the database developer – deployment for new users on remote application server.
· Brazil Stock Database – Liaising, coordinating and troubleshooting optimisation with the database developer – deployment for new users on remote application server.
· Database Stock control – Barcode printers and Scanners support.
The right person will be outgoing, have a can- do attitude and if not familiar with all the below, will have a steep learning curve.
Crucial skill set required:
· Microsoft Server 2008/2012 Management Experience – multi site active directory domains, active directory design, account creation and management, file server security/ permissions, remote desktop server, performance optimisation.
· Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Experience- managing recipients, transport rules, managing backup.
· IP & Internet Networking Experience – router configuration, domain name / DNS management, certificates, DHCP
· Windows 7 & Windows 10 troubleshooting and management
· Remote control-based support
· Hardware knowledge – upgrading/ fixing workstations
Additional useful skills:
· Symantex Backup Exec 2010
· Microsoft SQL 2010 Server Management
· Microsoft HyperV tech
· Office 365