Graduate Operations Analyst - £24k - Financial Services
- London, UK
A London based Asset Management boutique who specialise in equities investment within global emerging and frontier markets is looking for an Operations Analyst. The successful candidate will join their team to carry out back and middle office functions, client services and performance measurement.
Our client is an Emerging Markets equity boutique, managing mutual funds and segregated accounts for institutional clients. Their capabilities include: Core, Focus, Thematic, Regional and Country portfolio, following a fundamental, long-only investment approach.
Why work here?
· Opportunity to join a friendly, lively work environment
· Open-plan Central London office
· Develop strong understanding and knowledge within Asset Management
· Flexible work hours
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Operations Analyst will develop and deliver a broad range of key processes.
· Maintenance of workflow specifications, documentation of process enhancements
· Support, maintenance and enhancement of VBA, Python and SQL codebase
· Working on process enhancements
· Assisting with project work in Operations, Client Service and Finance
· Managing workflow and technology issues with vendors to deliver an appropriate solution
· Documenting and maintaining workflow description
· Delivering Back and Middle office functions:
o Performance Measurement
o Trade processing and settlement
· High attention to detail and accuracy in implementing workflows and following procedures
· Ability to take direction and coaching
· Natural desire to learn, self-teach and continually improve working practises
· Willingness to work across multiple business functions as workload demands
· A Bachelor's Degree with a minimum 2:1 or equivalent
· Productivity skills such as GTD or equivalent to manage workloads and deliver to agreed deadlines
· A positive attitude to problem solving and an ability to enlist the support of colleagues and contacts to manage issues to their conclusion
· Aptitude for Excel VBA and Python