Senior Account Executive
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Brightback is helping subscription-based businesses grow their customer lifetime value and improve their customer experience with intelligent insights. We are building the automated customer retention category, targeting Growth and Success leaders in more than 10 million B2B and B2C companies worldwide. We're growing rapidly by helping companies like Pipedrive, Unbounce, PersistIQ, CrazyEgg, and Sparkpost reduce churn. Our team brings decades of subscription and SaaS experience from companies like Zendesk, Twitter, Salesforce, and Heap Analytics and we're backed by top Silicon Valley investors.
Do you consider yourself a tenacious trailblazer who is energized by winning green-field B2B or B2C customers? Are you ready for an opportunity to be hands-on selling, while building a scalable sales process? We’re looking for our first sales team member to successfully manage multi-stakeholders for mid-market SaaS deals. Ideally, you will have experience in the analytics, APIs, retention, or automation spaces. You are comfortable working inside and outside, targeting C-suite, VP and Director-level buyers within customer success, marketing/growth, and product teams.
How Your Skills Will Be Highlighted At Brightback:
- Direct collaboration with the Founder/CEO to iterate and execute a sales strategy
- Acquire new customers and attain monthly/quarterly sales quota
- Source & win green-field pilot customers
- Take on inbound lead-flow and create targeted outbound approaches to build 3-4x pipeline
- Facilitate discussions around CRM, API and usage data integrations, leveraging our technical Solutions Consultant and Customer Success Managers as required
- Be a sponge when it comes to Customer Retention best practices, data points, product workflows, and customer case studies
- Continuous and thoughtful listening and communicating the value of Brightback; able to learn from customers and leverage input
- Adopt and evolve the Brightback sales playbook and lay the groundwork for the growing team
What Qualities & Experience Make You The Right Fit:
- Startup Track Record. Prior experience in a start-up organization (10 - 100 people). You are an over performer who has consistently beaten sales quotas, for 4+ years, in a proven SaaS brand
- Consultative Sales Approach. You are an experienced hunter yet oriented towards consultative “land and expand” selling, and know that customer trust is earned by adding value and onboarding correctly
- Domain Expertise. Background selling marketing technology, growth, business automation, analytics, machine learning, or SaaS tools
- Process-oriented, yet Adaptable to Change. Your enthusiasm for a fast-growing, fast-changing environment is benefited by your natural instinct to work leads and document accordingly
- Resilient. You have an unrelenting drive to learn, grow, and succeed. Your strong mental fortitude allows you to recover quickly from rejection, changes or difficult situations
- Natural leader. A proactive, hands-on individual who is able to command the respect of the organization through leadership, intelligence, creativity, hard work and persistence
- Education. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred
At Brightback, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Brightback prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.