Strategic Customer Success Manager
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Brightback is helping subscription-based businesses grow their customer lifetime value and improve their customer experience with intelligent insights. We are building the automated customer retention category, targeting Growth and Success leaders in more than 10 million B2B and B2C companies worldwide. We're growing rapidly by helping companies like Copper, SparkPost, Unbounce, and Crazy Egg reduce churn. Our team brings decades of subscription and SaaS experience from companies like Zendesk, Twitter, Salesforce, and Heap Analytics and we're backed by top Silicon Valley investors.
Are you a strategic thinker with a problem-solving mindset? Are you passionate about helping customers achieve their business goals? Do you analyze and use data to drive results with customers? As our Strategic Customer Success Manager, you will have the opportunity to help some influential companies solve their toughest revenue problem- churn.
You will be the central touchpoint for our strategic customers, orchestrating the post-sales customer lifecycle in partnership with Solutions Architects, Sales and Product. You will manage the customer relationship, coordinate internally, drive product adoption and guide our customers to be insanely successful. As our Strategic Customer Success Manager, you’ll play a vital role in the customer journey as our customer’s main advocate, influencing account admins and decision-makers.
How Your Skills Will Be Highlighted At Brightback:
- Be a trusted advisor for Brightback's key customers, including end-to-end onboarding, customer health, and account management, including renewal and expansion opportunities
- Deliver product demos and training, provide insightful technical or data-based recommendations, and ideate creative ways to get the most out of Brightback’s platform
- Own a book of business that includes forecasting and executing the renewals of key Brightback customers, while generating expansion or cross-sell opportunities for sales
- Partner closely with Sales to build strategic account plans, create executive relationships, drive customer satisfaction, and identify expansion opportunities
- Be a voice for our customers, by surfacing feedback and insights cross-functionally to our founders, Product, Marketing and Engineering teams
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to build customer references and resources to better support our strategic customers
- Actively keep our customer informed of our product roadmap and all product feature updates
- Lead data-driven QBRs and customer action plans to communicate and review the product usage, value, and success
- Manage shared Slack channel, leverage internal resources, and ensure account issues are quickly resolved
What Qualities & Experience Make You The Right Fit:
- 4+ years of customer success or account management experience at a SaaS company
- Experience delivering captivating presentations to audiences of varied sizes spanning daily product users, engineering stakeholders, and executive sponsors
- Technical and Analytical aptitude: Data-driven with a commitment to customer satisfaction
- Excited to monitor and track product engagement, optimize account performance and surface new churn insights to help maximize retention
- Excellent verbal & written communicator with exceptional critical thinking skills. You can explain complex issues in simple terms and adapt your tone for different users
- You are a curious, empathetic, and patient person who can easily curb reactive behaviors
- Consider yourself a natural “doer” with fresh ideas who takes the initiative to get things done
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining strict attention to detail and timeline
- Excited and ready to evolve with the rapidly changing needs of a growing startup
- Experience providing data-driven insights, building relationships with, and driving value to C-Level clients in a B2B SaaS environment
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Strong plus: Currently manage key accounts for a company focused on product analytics, marketing automation, CRM, workflow automation, business intelligence, or API-based subscription services
At Brightback, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Brightback prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.