Director of Customer Success
- San Francisco, CA, United States
Brightback is helping subscription-based businesses grow their customer lifetime value and improve their customer experience with intelligent insights. We are building the automated customer retention category, targeting Growth and Success leaders in more than 10 million B2B and B2C companies worldwide. We're growing rapidly by helping companies like Copper, SparkPost, Unbounce, and Crazy Egg reduce churn. Our team brings decades of subscription and SaaS experience from companies like Zendesk, Twitter, Salesforce, and Heap Analytics and we're backed by top Silicon Valley investors.
Brightback’s Customer Success team is an integral function of our organization. It’s responsible for on-boarding new customers, supporting product roll-outs, driving ongoing adoption, managing renewals and ensuring our customers are raving fans. That’s not an easy task. No fear, we have a dynamic team of sharp, motivated, fun, individuals who are building and nurturing a customer-centric approach to all things they do.
We are looking for a Director of Customer Success who is passionate about customer happiness, relationship building, increasing customer satisfaction through data-driven approaches, and scaling a distributed Customer Success team! We need someone who is naturally curious and willing to try something new in order to learn and adapt.
How Your Skills Will Be Highlighted At Brightback:
- You’ll Inspire and lead a Customer Success team to deliver exceptional customer experiences
- Develop and deploy strategies, action plans and playbooks to improve the customer experience (NPS), increase customer retention and enable account growth
- Define and oversee scalable lifecycle processes and touchpoints to manage a diverse B2B and B2C customer base
- Continually identify opportunities to improve the customer experience by providing a feedback loop to the Product team
- Build and evolve customer-facing content, ideally partnering with marketing and product, to streamline new customer on-boarding and/or product training
- Represent the voice of the customer to inform our sales process and product roadmap
What Qualities & Experience Make You The Right Fit:
- You like strategy and operations. You are just as easily engaged when you are relied on to be a strategic leader and maintain a 10,000 ft view, to when you are asked to work alongside the front-line team to dig into a specific issue
- Strong skills in developing Salesforce dashboards for tracking account activities, customer health, forecasting renewals, expansions and retention
- You think holistically about the customer journey and understand the mechanics of building processes, workflows in Zendesk and identifying tools for efficiency and scale
- Strong interest in Brightback’s mission to improve customer retention and foster the growth of a remote workforce
- You love to develop others and invest deeply in your team. Coaching others to see them grow professionally is something you take pride in
- You are an outstanding communicator. You listen intently, communicate clearly, and ensure the ‘voice of the customer’ is heard across all functions of Brightback
- Experience with hiring and managing post-sales and customer support teams
- 8+ years experience in Customer Success / Account Management / Relationship Management
- 3 years leadership/management role in a B2B SaaS environment
- Comfortable building both scalable low-touch CS processes and white-glove high-touch programs
At Brightback, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Brightback prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.