Director of Clinical Services- Hospice
- 3636 Nobel Dr, San Diego, CA 92122, USA
Are you looking for a place where you can make a genuine difference in a patient’s life?
With over 24 locations and growing, Bridge Home Health & Hospice’s culture of love for our patients and employees is the top priority. Our commitment to our Core Values allows us to be the provider and employer of choice. We embrace a diverse workforce and understand that our employees are key to providing quality care and our most important resource.
Join today and grow with us!
The Director of Clinical Services is a professional, registered nurse responsible for all of the quality activities of the organization. The Director of Clinical Services has accountabilities for the monitoring, implementation and evaluation of process and programs to meet regulatory, accreditation and standards of practice.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
1. Responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the organization’s quality improvement program.
A. Ensures that there are processes in place to monitor and measure all activities related to performance improvement.
B. Provides direction and coordination of quality improvement activities utilizing continuous quality improvement principles and methodologies.
C. Coordinates activities related to clinical record review for data collection.
D. Compiles, trends and reports quality data in the following areas: patient care, safety, risk management, infection control, outcomes, and customer satisfaction.
E. Works collaboratively with nursing supervisors to assure documentation is complete and consistent with care and reflects legal requirements.
F. As a member of the Patient Grievance Committee collaborates with management personnel in follow-up of concerns expressed by patients, families, and physicians.
G. Establishes a process model for improvement and provides education and training to organization personnel on the performance improvement plan, as well as team development.
2. Responsible for ensuring processes to monitor and evaluate safety, risk management and infection control programs.
A. Coordinates, educates and implements monitoring activities for safety, risk management, and infection control.
B. Coordinates mandatory inservice programs on OSHA regulations for safety and infection control.
C. Acts as resource to personnel in identifying safety and risk management issues for patients and personnel.
D. Reviews all incident reports for completeness, risk, standard of care determination and appropriate follow-up. Maintains a log for trending and makes recommendations related to trends identified.
E. Survey support
F. Maintains current knowledge related to home care safety and infection control standards.
3. Collaborates with nursing supervisors to provide a process to promote and ensure employee orientation, competency and inservice education programs.
A. Assists in the identification of skills for annual competence and provides inservice training support.
B. Maintains aggregate records of employee orientation and annual competency requirements as part of the PI plan.
4. Monitor organization compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards.
A. Maintains current knowledge related to Medicare Conditions of Participation and the Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC) standards to ensure that the organization is compliant with state, federal and accreditation guidelines.
B. Responsible for ensuring policies and procedures reflect all related local, state, federal and ACHC standards and makes recommendation for policy changes to the governing board.
C. Acts as a resource to Clinical Managers regarding standards, policies, regulations and provides inservice training to leadership and personnel as needed in these areas.
5. Acts as a clinical resource to personnel.
A. Maintains updated nursing knowledge and skills.
B. Assists with patient visits as needed.
C. Assists with administrative call on a rotational basis and clinical call as needed.
6. Provides assistance to community education team in meeting community education needs.
A. Makes public speaking engagements as scheduled by the community education team.
B. Maintain positive relationships with referral sources.
C. Maintain positive image in the community.
D. Acts as a representative of the organization at community meetings, civic and professional organizations as needed.
7. Promotes self-growth and collegial relationships with others in the home care industry.
A. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal and professional networks and participates in professional organizations or societies.
1. Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state.
2. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited program by the National League for Nursing.
3. Three (3) to five (5) year's clinical nursing experience. (An emphasis in home care nursing is preferred).
4. Excellent understanding of performance improvement, quality assurance, and
5. Is self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
6. Has excellent coordination and communication skills.
- Competitive compensation
- Dynamic, fun, team-oriented work environment
- Countless growth and development opportunities
- Flexible Schedules
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company Paid Life insurance
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- Employee Assistance Program