Director of Patient Care Services (DPCS) - Home Health - Full Time - Fresno
- 155 E. Shaw Avenue #204, Fresno, California, United States
Are you looking for a place where you can make a genuine difference in our patient’s lives?
With over 24 locations and growing, Bridge Home Health & Hospice’s culture of love for our patients and employees is the top priority. Our commitment to our Core Values allows us to be the provider and employer of choice. We embrace a diverse workforce and understand that our employees are key to providing quality care and our most important resource.
Join us today and grow with us!
Reports to: Executive Director/Administrator
Job Description Summary
The Director of Patient Care Services is responsible for the overall direction of hospice clinical services. The Director of Patient Care Services establishes, implements and evaluates goals and objectives for hospice care services that meet and promote the standards of quality and contribute to the total organization and philosophy.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Coordinates and oversees all direct and indirect patient services provided by clinical organization personnel.
- Provides guidance and counseling to coordinators and Clinical Managers to assist them in continually improving all aspects of hospice care services, provided through organization personnel.
- Assists Clinical Managers in managing clinical teams and planning.
- Provides help in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient and family/caregiver care to all clinical personnel as indicated.
- Assists the Executive Director/Administrator in the preparation and administration of the organization's budget.
- Interprets operational indicators to detect census changes and increases or decreases in volume, which could impact staffing levels, revenues or expenses.
- Evaluates performance of Clinical Managers.
- Assists Clinical Managers to develop skills and techniques in evaluating the performance of clinicians.
- Hires, evaluates, and terminates organization personnel.
- Conducts clinician performance evaluations annually, or more frequently if indicated.
- Oversees the maintenance of patient clinical records, statistics, reports and records for purposes of evaluation and reporting of organization activities.
- Assures proper maintenance of clinical records in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Responsible for the maintenance of adequate and appropriate inventory supplies and equipment for the provision of patient services.
- Develops, implements and evaluates the orientation program for the new organization personnel. Responsible for orientation of new organization personnel, either directly or by delegating to another staff member.
- Plans and implements in-service and continuing education programs to meet education and training needs of organization personnel.
- Assists with the evaluation of organization performance via performance improvement program, productivity, quarterly and annual reviews. Assures for the quality and safe delivery of hospice services provided through the Organization.
- Assists in the development of organization goals. Develops, recommends, and administers Organization policies and procedures.
- Assures compliance with all local, state and federal laws regarding licensure and certification of organization personnel and, maintains compliance to the Joint Commission Hospice standards.
- Stays informed about changes in the field of nursing and hospice care; shares information with appropriate organization personnel.
- Promotes hospice referrals in the health care community.
- In the absence of the Executive Director/Administrator, the Director of Patient Care Services will become the acting Executive Director/Administrator and will be vested with authority to act in behalf of the Executive Director/Administrator.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director/Administrator.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the State.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited program by the National League for Nursing. Master's degree in health care preferred.
- The Director of Patient Care Services shall qualify for the position by fulfilling the requirements under one of the following categories, unless the individual has been previously approved for such employment by a program by flexibility issued for the individual's current position at the hospice agency prior to April 1, 1995 or: (A.) Three years of management experience within the last five years in a hospice or related health care organization, at least one year of which was in a supervisory or administrative capacity. (B.) A registered nurse with four years of experience within the last five years in a hospice agency, primary care clinic or health facility, at least one year of which was in a supervisory or administrative capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct professional administrative personnel.
- Knowledge and expertise in clinical decision-making and Quality Management review and evaluation.
- Ability to market and deal tactfully with customers and the community.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or Organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Has excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of business management, governmental regulations and Joint Commission standards.
- Participation in Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement Program and Bridge Hospice sponsored training.
- Competitive compensation
- You may be eligible for our fleet car program coming in 2021.
- Dynamic, fun, team-oriented work environment
- Countless growth and development opportunities
- Flexible Schedules
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company Paid Life insurance
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- Employee Assistance Program
And so much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.”