Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) - Hospice - Part Time (NOC) - Palm Springs
- 777 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way, Suite 317, Palm Springs, CA, United States
Are you looking for a place where you can make a genuine difference in our patient’s lives?
With over 18 locations and growing, Bridge Home Health & Hospice’s culture of love for our patients and employees is the top priority. Our commitment to our Core Values allows us to be the provider and employer of choice. We embrace a diverse workforce and understand that our employees are key to providing quality care and our most important resource.
Join us today and grow with us!
The Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse is responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse. Responsibilities include following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Provides direct patient care as defined in State Nurse Practice Act.
- Implements current nursing practice following a comprehensive assessment and the plan of care.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of patient services to reflect the plan of care.
- Assess and provide patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and self-plan of care.
- Participates in coordination of hospice services, appropriately reporting the identified needs to the interdisciplinary group. Examples include hospice aide, OT, PT, MSW, ST, Dietitian or Clinical Supervisor/Nursing Supervisor.
- Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently.
- Provides appropriate pain/symptom management. Evaluates patient's response to treatments/medications.
- Participates in personal, professional growth and development. Also participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the registered nurse.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- Graduate of an accredited practical nurse or vocational nursing program.
- Three years nursing experience. Community health/hospice or medical/surgical experience is preferred.
- Currently licensed as an LPN/LVN in the State.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Understands philosophy of hospice concept. Also understands needs of the terminally ill.
- Competitive compensation
- You may be eligible for our fleet car program coming in 2021.
- Dynamic, fun, team-oriented work environment
- Countless growth and development opportunities
- Flexible Schedules
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company Paid Life insurance
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- Employee Assistance Program
And so much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.”