Patient Care Coordinator (LVN) - Hospice - San Rafael
- 175 N Redwood Dr, San Rafael, CA 94903, USA
Are you looking for a place where you can make a genuine difference in our patient’s lives?
With over 18 locations and growing, Bridge Home Health & Hospice’s culture of love for our patients and employees is the top priority. Our commitment to our Core Values allows us to be the provider and employer of choice. We embrace a diverse workforce and understand that our employees are key to providing quality care and our most important resource.
Join us today and grow with us!
The Patient Care Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Director of Patient Care Services in day to day clinical operations for the branch to ensure a seamless and organized hospice care system. The Patient Care Coordinator maintains a comprehensive working knowledge to assist in training new clinical staff, and to serve as a resource for field staff.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Coordinates training for new hires; to include EMR training, orientation books, and clinical supplies.
- Assists Quality assurance with chart audits, clinical authorizations review and auditing compliance for patients.
- Works with the Director of Patient Care Services and staff clinicians to gather, collate, and report patient care summary information to Case Managers.
- Regularly participates in interdisciplinary group meetings and assures through attendance and record reviews that meetings are conducted in accordance with Agency and CMS regulations.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of patients and ensures the needed documents are received and organized in the system.
- Works with all members of the clinical team to ensure that patients are following physician plan of care orders.
- Works with the Director of Patient Care Services and Scheduling teams to ensure proper staff utilization, and confirms that consents and NMNOC's are plotted to correctly on start of care.
- Assists with Quality Assurance of referral documentation.
- Approve and track supply orders for the branch to ensure availability of sufficient inventory for clinicians.
- Communicates schedule with triage and on-call staff.
- Obtains orders for intake and completes a random examination for Quality Assurance of patient referrals.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of community resources and assists customers in accessing community resources should services not be provided by Bridge Hospice.
- Participation in Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement Program and Bridge Hospice sponsored training.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- Licensed Vocational Nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state.
- At least two years of experience in health care managed care coordination, preferably hospice care.
- Complies with acceptable professional standards and practice.
- Demonstrates good communication, negotiation, and public relations skills.
- Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility, and, cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
- Competitive compensation
- Dynamic, fun, team-oriented work environment
- Countless growth and development opportunities
- Flexible Schedules
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company Paid Life insurance
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- Employee Assistance Program
And so much more!