Volunteer Coordinator - Hospice - San Rafael
- 175 N Redwood Dr, San Rafael, CA 94903, USA
Are you looking for a place where you can make a genuine difference in our patient’s lives?
With over 18 locations and growing, Bridge Home Health & Hospice’s culture of love for our patients and employees is the top priority. Our commitment to our Core Values allows us to be the provider and employer of choice. We embrace a diverse workforce and understand that our employees are key to providing quality care and our most important resource.
Join us today and grow with us!
Responsible for planning, coordinating and managing all volunteer program activities in the organization.
- Develop and maintain volunteer training and orientation program sufficient to meet the volunteer needs of the patients and families.
- Recruits, educates, and selects volunteers from at least three recruitment sessions a year.
- Establish a need for volunteer services with the patient and family/caregiver and entire hospice team.
- Supervise and evaluate volunteers in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Maintains monthly statistics. Records services of volunteers, including the type of service performed and the time worked.
- Maintains current personnel files.
- Reevaluate volunteer program as necessary.
- Coordinate support/education meetings.
- Attends interdisciplinary group meetings.
- Provides information to individuals and community groups about hospice volunteer services.
- Participates as needed in the budget preparation for program development.
- Actively participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
- Participates in providing, reviewing and revising written volunteer policies and procedures.
- Accepts and performs other related duties and responsibilities.
- College degree, advanced degree in human services preferred.
- Minimum of two years experience in a health care setting. Hospice and/or volunteer experience preferred.
- Ability to supervise, coordinate, and evaluate volunteer services.
- Understands hospice philosophy.
- Ability to organize and develop volunteer hospice personnel for both patient and organizational needs.
- Ability to manage a group of individuals providing volunteer time and who will be considered employees.
- Competitive compensation
- Dynamic, fun, team-oriented work environment
- Countless growth and development opportunities
- Flexible Schedules
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company Paid Life insurance
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- Employee Assistance Program
And so much more!