- Hopkins, MN
Brandpoint has been an industry leader in providing Content Marketing services to agencies and brands for over 20 years. Our content based solutions help connect brands with consumers and ultimately drive business for our clients!
Edit and proofread content before it is delivered to Brandpoint clients. Ensure adherence to AP style guide, correct formatting and consistent use of language within a document. Review, rewrite and edit the work of writers.
• Edit and proofread content created by the Brandpoint writing team for accuracy, grammar, spelling, clarity, tone/voice and adherence to AP Style or client-supplied style. (Content includes, but is not limited to branded feature articles, blogs, eBooks, white papers, case studies, email campaigns, infographic content and a mix of custom content for our clients)
• Write high-quality headlines that promote reader engagement and SEO objectives.
• Provide excellent customer service to colleagues and clients.
• Work quickly but accurately. Ensure that work is completed in a timely manner and on deadline.
• Juggle multiple assignments and appropriately prioritize the work.
• Coach the writers as needed and/or requested.
• Identify underperforming articles; make recommendations to client and implement content updates.
• Collaborate with a team of account project managers, content strategists, social media managers, writers and designers to ensure client elation with our products and services.
• Work within Brandpoint’s content management software to track time, monitor assignments, etc.
• Participate in discussions, reviews and meetings
• Cultivate a quality end product as well as a fun/positive work environment
• Set expectations and standards for attitude, behavior and teamwork
• Be a team player and contribute to team goals.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communication or related field preferred
• 3-5 years of professional editing experience
• Solid editing and proofreading skills. Editing for AP Style
• Ability to multi-task and produce a high volume of edited content in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, creative environment
• Knowledge of current SEO best practices, trends and tools
• Strong interpersonal and client interaction skills
• Ability to interact with multi-departmental project teams
• Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills along with keen attention to detail
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook. Working knowledge of Powerpoint and Acrobat
A LITTLE QUIRKY BUT LOTS OF FUN
Brandpoint is a fun place to work. Casual dress code (expand your blue jean collection). Flexible work hours and arrangements (we’re family people ourselves!). Bi-weekly yoga sessions (warning: ease in to this). Pick-up basketball games (ditto). Biking and running and what-not at lunch (did we mention we’re right on the bike line to downtown?). Pot lucks and company picnics (average belt expansion = 1 notch despite the exercise). Even the occasional human Foosball game (don’t ask!). And much more. Everybody fits in and find friends here. And works hard. Then there’s the other stuff: medical and dental, generous Paid Time Off Plan, volunteer time, 401K plan, health and dental benefits, even that scary flu shot every fall (optional). And more.
What You Can Expect From Brandpoint:
- Competitive pay
- Fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Healthy work-life balance
- A team that wants to WIN!
- All that other good stuff (see sections above and below)
Employee Benefits Include:
- Employer subsidized Medical benefits
- Group dental benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- Employer paid Life, AD&D and Long Term Disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Options (FSA) - Medical and Dependent Care
- Optional Short Term Disability and Additional Life for you, your spouse and/or your children
- Generous Paid Time Off program
- Employer contribution towards a health club membership