Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- 3501 Wazee St, Denver, CO 80216, USA
Brandfolder is on a mission to make managing your digital assets a seamless process. We aim to deliver the world’s most powerfully simple platform for storing, sharing and showcasing assets. The people at Brandfolder drive our success, and we need people who push the boundaries and will push us forward. That is where YOU come in.
Our company culture is driven by a customer first mindset, fosters employee growth and development, and promotes building connections amongst teams. How do we do this? By building a world class product and creating an environment that values autonomy, flexibility and the opportunity for employees to be themselves.
Do you want a role where your contributions directly affect the success of the company? Do you want to take the next step to a place that will push you to grow in your career? If so, we’d love to have you aboard. We have a team of curious, eager, and humble individuals who rally together both within and outside the confines of the office and aim to expand and evolve.
Brandfolder is seeking an experienced Director of FP&A with demonstrated success in helping to take a company through a high growth phase with increasing complexity. We are looking for a seasoned leader to be the “authority” of the numbers and financial models, and to help advance the company’s financial management and maturity. The Director of FP&A, will report to the Vice President of FP&A, and partner with the full Brandfolder executive team to provide leadership that will enable the company to move aggressively towards achieving its growth plans. This individual will help to catalyze the expansion of the business by capitalizing on the company’s premier team, technology, brand and market leading position.
The Director of FP&A is a highly-visible multi-tasker, leading our key financial performance management processes. These processes encompass budgeting, forecasting, analysis, and management reporting. He/She must have the ability to provide strong financial analysis and the related tools that will enhance the Company’s day to day decision-making processes. This individual will also be the primary business partner to Sales and Marketing, collaborating, advising and informing them on all of the critical GTM metrics of a healthy, thriving SaaS business. Base salary range for this role to be between $137,080 and $178,480. In addition, this role will be eligible for a market competitive annual bonus and RSU stock grant upon accepted offer.
PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Our preferred candidate will have many of the following attributes, skills, and experiences:
● Must be willing to lead from the front, be a “doer” while also setting strategy and thinking big-picture
● 8+ years of FP&A or related experience
● Proven success in a senior FP&A role in a SaaS company that is well respected for excellence, consistent results, well-built, etc.
● FP&A modeling expert who will own the enterprise model and provide decision support on where the company is investing, short and long term.
● Able to effectively engage all relevant members of the executive team to align financial management with short and long term financial planning and projections. Demonstrated success working across functional groups to achieve key operational goals that have financial implications.
● A solid and dependable business partner to the CEO, providing leadership in the facilitation of corporate goals,and to act as a sounding board for the CEO on a variety of issues and topics.
● Manage the company’s financial performance by developing accurate forecasts/projections and monitoring ongoing performance against plan, as well as evolving a KPI driven culture at the company
● Prior experience operating as a Financial Business Partner to Sales & Marketing (i.e. managing CAC at a detailed level, using the data to drive the business, improve margins, inform pricing, etc.)
● Work with CEO, President and senior management to develop and implement strategic business plans and operating initiatives based on financial analyses.
● Team with Senior Management to develop department specific budgeting procedures
● Solid understanding of GAAP accounting practices
● BS in finance, accounting, or related field
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND VALUES
The Director of FP&A will foster a culture of thought leadership, team orientation, high performance, integrity and commitment to getting the job right.
Personal attributes include:
● Able to establish a relationship of trust and collaboration with the CEO and executive staff. Will help to set the Company’s strategic vision and translate it into an operating plan
● Decisive in complex business situations; has sufficient maturity and experience to recognize and react quickly to unexpected challenges and opportunities.
● Smart, collaborative and able to communicate clearly. Can talk through difficult issues with colleagues and make decisions based on evidence and argument, not ego or title.
● Prepared to commit to company decisions outside the Director of FP&A’s area of responsibility, whether or not he or she agrees with the decision. Able to take responsibility for financial issues and make the right call in the face of disagreement from colleagues.
● Comfortable and able to operate successfully in ambiguous and rapidly changing growth environments.
● Metrics-driven. Able to translate strategy into measurable operational goals and objectives. Disciplined in assessing performance and addressing problems.
● The aggressiveness to fail quickly, rebound and reset / retry
● Committed to developing customer and partner advocacy across the company.
● Highest ethics; highest integrity, and intellectual honesty.
- Exposure to the world’s most powerful brands
- Generous paid time off
- Great office location in RiNo, bike and light rail friendly
- Company events and happy hours
- Dog-friendly office
Headquartered in Denver’s RiNo neighborhood, Brandfolder is an enterprise digital asset management (DAM) platform that enables businesses to organize, discover, distribute, and measure brand engagement. Loved by global brands including Under Armour, New Belgium, Slack, and jetBlue.
Brandfolder is an equal opportunity employer; we are focused on creating an inclusive environment and believe that diversity of all types is essential to our success. We encourage all to apply, and will choose you on the basis of qualifications and merit.