Sr. API Engineer
- 3501 Wazee St, Denver, CO 80216, USA
Brandfolder is on a mission to make managing your digital assets a seamless process. We aim to deliver the world’s most powerfully simple platform for storing, sharing and showcasing assets. The people at Brandfolder drive our success, and we need people who push the boundaries and will push us forward. That is where YOU come in.
Our company culture is driven by a customer first mindset, fosters employee growth and development, and promotes building connections amongst teams. How do we do this? By building a world class product and creating an environment that values autonomy, flexibility and the opportunity for employees to be themselves.
Do you want a role where your contributions directly affect the success of the company? Do you want to take the next step to a place that will push you to grow in your career? If so, we’d love to have you aboard. We have a team of curious, eager, and humble individuals who rally together both within and outside the confines of the office and aim to expand and evolve.
Brandfolder is looking for a talented and motivated Sr. API Engineer focused on authentication, backend system architecture, and backend services to expand our impact as an established leader in Digital Asset Management. You will inspire the most recognizable brands in the world, such as TripAdvisor and Slack, by creating a product that makes company assets easy to discover and interact with while surfacing strategic insights that help increase brand engagement. At our core, Brandfolder is brand-focused, crafts simple and intuitive experiences, and builds elegant and scalable solutions.
You have experience building backend services and APIs that expose our data, platform interactions, and machine learning models to our customers. These are built in languages such as Python, Ruby, Go and you are comfortable digging into/collaborating with developers that use the best language for the task. You will be a part of the product engineering team to architect, build, and deploy core components of the Brandfolder platform. Our team will lean on you to help us grow our application/architecture footprint sustainably for security, scale, and uptime goals. We have an amazing list of clients that will rely on you to provide and maintain the platform to store, share, and power their brands.
Do you want a role where your contributions directly affect the success of the company? Our team is passionate, curious, eager, humbled, and experienced. We believe in having fun, both inside and outside of the office, and being flexible to expand and evolve our culture as our team grows. We embrace that each interaction and opportunity for feedback helps us grow individually and collectively.
What you’ll do
- Join a collaborative team tackling great technical challenges
- Develop and own new features, services, and APIs from the ground up
- Lead by example with software architecture, design, testing, and monitoring
- Deploy production changes daily and facilitate deployment of new services
- Bring disruptive features to fruition by building upon our foundation of data and analytics
- Become an integral contributor to the direction of the product and the team
What you’ll need
- 5+ years software development experience
- Positive attitude and the adaptability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excitement for authentication, authorization, and management of APIs
- Comfort with dynamic languages like Python and Ruby
- Awareness of where your code executes and how it performs
- Understanding of deployment practices like CI/CD
- Experience with deployable containers, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Strong knack for picking up new tools and technologies, continuously learning
- The drive to take initiative and own high-impact projects from day one
Bonus Points for
- History of leveraging monitoring and observability within production services
- Understanding of microservice architectures with a monolithic core
- Excitement for modern data architecture and the world of machine learning
- Awareness of Protobuf serialization
- Previous work experience in a startup-like environment
- Growth mindset and passion for learning
- Ability to elevate those around you
- Exposure to the world’s most powerful brands
- Generous paid time off
- Medical and dental insurance, 100% paid by Brandfolder
- Great office location in RiNo, bike and light rail friendly
- Company events and happy hours
- Dog-friendly office
Headquartered in Denver’s RiNo neighborhood, Brandfolder is an enterprise digital asset management (DAM) platform that enables businesses to organize, discover, distribute, and measure brand engagement. Loved by global brands including Under Armour, New Belgium, Slack, and jetBlue.
Brandfolder is an equal opportunity employer; we are focused on creating an inclusive environment and believe that diversity of all types is essential to our success. We encourage all to apply, and will choose you on the basis of qualifications and merit.