Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
- 3501 Wazee St, Denver, CO 80216, USA
Brandfolder is on a mission to make managing your digital assets a seamless process. We aim to deliver the world’s most powerfully simple platform for storing, sharing and showcasing assets. The people at Brandfolder drive our success, and we need people who push the boundaries and will push us forward. That is where YOU come in.
Our company culture is driven by a customer first mindset, fosters employee growth and development, and promotes building connections amongst teams. How do we do this? By building a world class product and creating an environment that values autonomy, flexibility and the opportunity for employees to be themselves.
Do you want a role where your contributions directly affect the success of the company? Do you want to take the next step to a place that will push you to grow in your career? If so, we’d love to have you aboard. We have a team of curious, eager, and humble individuals who rally together both within and outside the confines of the office and aim to expand and evolve.
Brandfolder is looking for a talented and motivated Sr. Backend Engineer to expand our impact as an established leader in Digital Asset Management. You will inspire the most recognizable brands in the world, including TripAdvisor and Slack, by building a product will grow and scale with the needs of our customers and business. At our core, Brandfolder is brand-focused, crafts simple and intuitive experiences, and builds elegant and scalable solutions. As a Sr. Backend Engineer at Brandfolder, you will have the opportunity to bring value directly to the end user and to the organizations that leverage us. You will own features and scale our platform, helping us to deliver even better interactions for our customers.
Who are we looking for? You have a solid foundation in modern web applications and can confidently execute on tasks and projects through the full software lifecycle including testing. You have significant and direct experience with either Ruby on Rails or Django. You have a passion for building product with strong patterns and practices. You care about leveling-up the team with your contributions, and use code as an opportunity to provide learning opportunities.
What you’ll do
- Join a collaborative team of members focused on data, engineering, sales, marketing and customer experience folks in Denver
- Drive our architecture and scalability forward with elegant architectural decisions
- Contribute to best-in-class development patterns and practices as we grow
- Design, architect, and develop new features from the ground up
- Deploy production changes daily
- Constantly optimize and improve our experiences
- Become an integral contributor to the direction of the product and the team
- Support and grow our existing features for the users that leverage them
- Use metrics to understand the health and success of the system
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Positive attitude and adaptability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- History of engineering elegant, responsive, scalable, and performant product features
- Advocate for deployment and development best practices
- Confidence with either Ruby on Rails or Django with a desire to master Ruby on Rails
- Ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally and within product, design, development, and devops
- Strong knack for picking up new tools and technologies, continuously learning
- The drive to take initiative and own high-impact projects from day one
- Continuous learning including conferences and workshops
- Iconic office location in RiNo, bike and light rail friendly
- Generous paid time off
- Medical and dental insurance, 100% paid by Brandfolder
- Dog-friendly office
Headquartered in Denver’s RiNo neighborhood, Brandfolder is an enterprise digital asset management (DAM) platform that enables businesses to organize, discover, distribute, and measure brand engagement. Loved by global brands including Under Armour, New Belgium, Slack, and jetBlue.
Brandfolder is an equal opportunity employer; we are focused on creating an inclusive environment and believe that diversity of all types is essential to our success. We encourage all to apply, and will choose you on the basis of qualifications and merit.