Windows Software Developer
- 651 W Washington Blvd, Suite 405, Chicago, IL
Branchfire develops productivity software and tools that simplify how people work with and share information. More than one million people around the world – from students and teachers to top Wall Street investors, lawyers and Hollywood screenwriters – use software powered by Branchfire to improve the way they work.
Branchfire’s award-winning iAnnotate app allows users to read, mark up and share documents and images via an iPad or Android tablet. The company also offers an enterprise version of iAnnotate for large organizations as well as a powerful software development kit (SDK) that enables businesses and developers to incorporate secure document reading and annotation features to custom and commercial applications.
Branchfire’s experience developing one of the very first iPad apps has given us a unique perspective on how emerging technology can transform the creative and collaborative process. This insight is helping us build new software that connects words, documents, pictures, and videos in ways that improve the discovery and sharing of ideas.
We call it the next evolution of storytelling.
- Prototype, develop, unit test, and debug a desktop GUI application for use on Windows
- Develop new C++ components and integrate existing components to provide a user experience consistent with our products
- Build next generation product offerings
- Develop highly engaging end user applications that emphasize our high-speed transfer capabilities
- Work collaboratively with other members of a small, fast-moving team
- Write functional and unit tests to ensure correct operation of applications and libraries
- Independently identify and diagnose problems
Implement fixes for our existing products
- Design and develop Software and Algorithms based on requirements and architecture
- Present and defend in cross-functional design review meetings
- 5-7 years of software engineering experience
- 3 years developing desktop GUI applications with a strong understanding of WPF basics, WPF Controls, Custom Controls, Custom Layout using C#
- Experience developing user interfaces using elegantly designed custom controls and object-oriented programming techniques
- Repeat: deep experience building native Windows desktop applications with rich GUIs
- Good understanding of MVP and MVVM patterns
- High ability to think abstractly
- Comfortable with ambiguity and highly fluid environments
- Enjoy researching technical challenges and finding solutions independently
- Solid communication skills and team-working capability
- 4 year Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related field
Nice to have:
- Deep XAML Skills
- Background and growth from a C++ Unix environment
- Experience with multi-threaded constructs
- Experience with WCF, ZeroMQ, Protocol Buffers
- Experience using Boost, WTL, SQLite
- Experienced devising elegant solutions to platform compatibility issues
- Experienced developing localized applications
- Experience with touch and tablet devices
The software team environment is fast-paced and casual. The products we are building are innovative and will push the boundaries of the platform. You will be working with very smart and experienced peers, but you will be at the core of a small mobile development team.
**Priority given to local candidates**
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.