Junior / Senior Technical Specialist - Fuel Cells
Bramble Energy is an innovator of renewable energy technologies; designing and manufacture high-performance, low-cost, fuel cell stacks using printed circuit board (PCB) materials and processes.
Bramble Energy is a well-funded start-up on a fast-track to becoming a global leader in fuel cell manufacture, deploying its proprietary core technology. Our impact on net zero emissions shall come in the form of sustainable solutions to static and moving power.
Bramble welcomes diversity, ingenuity and enthusiasm and rewards it staff with a dynamic working environment and significant financial benefits. Bramble has transformed itself in its first year and seeks to continue this growth to meet business needs.
We are looking for a Technical Specialist (Fuel Cells) to join our expanding technology team - this role is based on-site in our facility in Crawley.
The Technical Specialist will play a pivotal role in developing the Bramble Energy core fuel cell stack technology. The role will suit an applicant with an background in working (e.g. designing, prototyping & testing) with PEM fuel cell technologies.
- Development & optimisation of core Bramble Energy fuel cell technology
- Providing technical direction to Bramble PCBFC stack development and delivery projects
- Working to deliver objectives of Bramble Energy technology strategies/roadmaps
- Specification & design of new Bramble FC solutions (cascaded from customer requirements)
- Communicating regularly with internal teams via technical reports & presentations
- Make key contributions in strengthening Bramble Energy’s IP portfolio
- PhD in PEM fuel cell discipline with relevant industry experience
- Experienced in working in a R & D environment (amongst speciailists in their own field)
- Proven track record in working across multi-disciplined technical teams
- Proven technological innovator – both in IP development & problem solving
- Practical experience in developing PEM fuel cell technology
- Experience of PEM fuel cell stack assembly, technical fault diagnosis & problem solving
- Operation of specialised FC test rigs & instrumentation in a hydrogen laboratory environment
- Familiar with addressing key challenges of fuel cell stack and system design/specification
- Familiar with real-world challenges of PEM fuel cell stacks & systems
- Experience of designing & developing key PEM fuel cell components - e.g. - MEAs, membranes, gas diffusion layers & flow plates – (from CAD design through to production via 3D printing, CNC etc.)
- Designing PEMFC validation protocols (startup, rapid conditioning, accelerated stress testing etc.)
- Use of advanced electrochemical diagnostic methods (cyclic voltammetry, impedance spectroscopy etc.) to analysis FC performance
- Strong project management skills via Jira, MS Project etc)
- Familiar with manufacturing methods for FC MEAs
- Experience of writing Labview software is a particular advantage
- Published author of technical papers/patent applications etc
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive salary, scaling with experience
- Strong pension contribution
- Salary sacrifice electric car scheme
- Life Assurance of four times your annual salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Dental cover
- Health cash plan
- 25 days annual leave, increasing with length of service
- Two days paid leave to volunteer per annum
- Employee of the month bonus scheme
- Flexible working