Automotive Service Advisor
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Role: Sales & Management
Brakes Plus was founded in 1990 with a single store in South Denver. Today Brakes Plus has nearly 80 stores across Colorado, Wyoming, Arizona, Texas, Nebraska, and Iowa. As one of the fastest growing auto service companies, we are continuously opening new stores in each of these regions while maintaining the family values and standards that the company was founded on. Brakes Plus has two important assets, our employees and our customers. Our mission is to supply the customer with quality parts and world class service at a great price. Our philosophy has always been for EVERY CUSTOMER to have a positive experience at Brakes Plus.
The Automotive Service Advisor, reporting to the Store Manager, will be responsible for setting the highest standards of excellence and personifying our core values to support operations in the service department of your store. This will involve creating a highly motivated team environment, and working closely with the Service Team to improve their performance through hands-on presence in the store by efficiently developing team members, executing store processes, while ensuring that we continue to provide an industry leading customer experience.
Primary Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Directly works with customers in areas of sales, service, customer opportunities, adjustments, etc.
- Creates a highly motivated team environment/climate
- Supervising technicians and service personnel, planning and scheduling their duties, assigning work, and following up on completion of assignments
- Coaching service department teammates on all operational issues
- Working directly with customers in areas of sales, service, customer opportunities, adjustments, etc.
- Evaluating performance and productivity of all service department personnel
- Managing parts inventory and outside purchases, as well as updating and restocking all in-house parts when needed
- Ensuring store safety, including the use of and maintenance of safety equipment
- Ensuring equipment/hardware layout and positioning within the service department
- Supervising shop area, equipment and teammates for compliance with company safety procedure
- Ensures that proper inspections are being conducted
We are looking for:
- Outstanding leadership and store management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to mentor others in a manner that ensures efficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to develop professional relationships with customers and team members
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Service Advisor/Writer role
- Proven track record of exceeding business objectives
- Ability to work efficiently both individually and as part of a team
- Solid knowledge of basic OSHA laws
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.