- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Brainrider is a B2B marketing and creative services agency with teams in the Bay Area, Los Angeles, Seattle, New York City, London, and Toronto. We work with in-house marketing teams, creative teams and internal agencies to fill capability and capacity gaps, enabling them to execute their brand and growth marketing programs at scale.
We are a team of craftspeople. Our understanding of B2B and digital marketing earns our clients’ trust. We are successful when our clients value the work we produce and the expertise we share. We hold ourselves accountable. We are driven to become better. We do our best when we work as a team.
Brainrider is looking for a skilled Brand Writer who is organized, motivated and ready to join our fast-paced in-house client team supporting one of the world's most well-known rideshare companies. The Marketing writer will play an important role in shaping our client’s customer brand experience by crafting compelling copy for Product Marketing, Growth, Engagement, and Brand teams.
Our ideal candidate is a collaborative, critical thinker who can ship smart copy and turn raw data into riveting stories. You have a great attitude, enjoy your work, and know there is no “I” in team. You can work autonomously and can strategize, craft, and own content that stays true to brand guidelines. You are a professional and understand the value you bring to the team; clear concise content that delivers.
What you'll do:
- Write and edit emails, in-app, blog posts, landing pages, product naming and education materials, and social copy
- Champion the client’s brand voice and style throughout all channels
- Harness research to inform solutions that balance audience needs with business goals
- Write copy that drives action and performance
- Partner closely with cross-functional team members to resolve feedback and identify creative solutions to business challenges
- Quickly adapt to last-minute asks and changing timelines
- Collaborate with designers, marketers, project managers, videographers, engineers, and stakeholders on a daily basis
- Present work to collaborators and advocate for creative choices
- Own creative projects and tasks with guidance and support from senior leads
What you'll bring:
- PDF, URL, or links to writing samples of relevant content work (please provide with your application)
- 5+ years’ experience writing for an established consumer brand
- Deadline-driven approach and strong time management skills
- Ability to balance brand voice and style with marketing strategies
- Attention to detail in execution but flexible in approach
- Ability to follow legal guidance and balance requirements in striving for the best user experience
- Ability to address delicate issues with sensitivity and empathy
- Collaborative, proactive mindset and excellent communication skills
- Deep allegiance to AP Style
- Writing for a B2B audience
- Experience using rideshare services
Due to current COVID-19 guidelines this full-time Canada and PST based position is 100% remote/work from home until further notice. (Offices pending reopening in late 2021.)
The fine print:
Please include with your application:
- Writing samples (PDF, URL, or links to samples of relevant work)
- Your resume and cover letter—we would like to learn more about you and your experience writing for consumer brands
All writing samples and cover letters will be reviewed; candidates who are selected for next steps will be contacted
Brainrider is a place where everyone can do their best work and be themselves. We work as a team, plain and simple. We respect and value the unique characteristics, skills, and experiences of everyone, and support and champion each other to be the best we can be — for ourselves, our team, and our clients. We recognize that a diverse and inclusive workplace leads to better ideas, better solutions, and better results. And we’re here for that — and for you. We #ridetogether.
You can learn more about us at Brainrider.com