Brand Writer, Marketing
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Brainrider is a marketing services agency with teams in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, LA, Toronto, London, helping our clients plan, build, run, and measure beautiful, effective marketing and communication programs.
We are a team of craftspeople. Our expertise and understanding earn our clients’ trust. We are successful when our clients value us. We hold ourselves accountable. We are driven to become better. We do our best when we work as a team.
We work in an open-concept space designed for team collaboration, filled with creativity, productivity, experimentation, and learning. Whether we’re brainstorming better marketing ideas for our clients or pushing hard to meet a tight deadline, it all happens with teamwork, adaptability, and optimism.
Due to COVID-19 Guidelines, this role is 100% remote until further notice. This is a full-time embedded position working with our client based in San Francisco, CA. Ability to work during Pacific Standard Time is required.
Brainrider is looking for a skilled Brand Writer who is organized, motivated and ready to join our fast-paced in-house client team supporting one of the world's most well-known rideshare companies. You will play an important role in shaping our client’s customer brand experience by crafting compelling copy for Product Marketing, Growth, Engagement, and Brand teams.
As an experienced writer you have the ability to hit the ground running, and quickly embody the voice and positioning of clients. You are a professional and understand the value you bring to the team; clear concise content that delivers.
Our ideal candidate is a collaborative, critical thinker who can ship smart copy and turn raw data into riveting stories. You have a great attitude, enjoy your work and know there is no “I” in team. You can work autonomously and can strategize, craft, and own content that stays true to brand guidelines.
- Write and edit emails, in-app, blog posts, landing pages, product naming and education materials, and social copy
- Champion the client’s brand voice and style throughout all channels
- Harness research to inform solutions that balance audience needs with business goals
- Write copy that drives action and performance
- Partner closely with cross-functional team members to resolve feedback and identify creative solutions to business challenges
- Quickly adapt to last-minute asks and changing timelines
- Collaborate with designers, marketers, project managers, videographers, engineers, and stakeholders on a daily basis
- Present work to collaborators and advocate for creative choices
- Own creative projects and tasks with guidance and support from senior leads
- PDF, URL, or links to writing samples of current work (included with application)
- 3-5 years’ experience writing for an established consumer brand
- Deadline-driven with strong time management skills
- Ability to balance brand voice and style with marketing strategies
- Attention to detail in execution but flexible in approach
- Ability to follow legal guidance and balance requirements in striving for the best user experience
- Ability to address delicate issues with sensitivity and empathy
- Collaborative with a proactive mindset and excellent communication skills
- Deep allegiance to AP Style
- Writing for a B2B audience
- Experience using rideshare services
Due to current COVID-19 guidelines this position is 100% remote/work from home until further notice. Ability to work during Pacific Standard Time is required.
- Please provide PDF, URL, or links to current work / writing portfolio
- Writing samples will be reviewed and candidates who are selected for next steps will be contacted for completion of writing review/test (1 hour of time)
- Availability to work during PST hours is essential
Impressive candidates selected to advance through our rigorous evaluation and hiring process will be contacted.
Relocation and sponsorship are not provided.