- San Francisco, CA, USA
Brainrider is a marketing services agency with teams in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, LA, Toronto, London, helping our clients plan, build, run, and measure beautiful, effective marketing and communication programs.
We are a team of craftspeople. Our expertise and understanding earn our clients’ trust. We are successful when our clients value us. We hold ourselves accountable. We are driven to become better. We do our best when we work as a team.
We work in an open-concept space designed for team collaboration, filled with creativity, productivity, experimentation, and learning. Whether we’re brainstorming better marketing ideas for our clients or pushing hard to meet a tight deadline, it all happens with teamwork, adaptability, and optimism.
This is a full-time embedded position working 100% on-site at our client's office in San Francisco, CA. Due to COVID-19 Shelter in Place guidance this position is 100% WFH/Remote until further notice.
Brainrider is looking for passionate product-minded designer with a background in illustration, visual design and brand design. This role is 100% embedded with our Client’s in-house communication design team based in Menlo Park, CA. The communication design team creates compelling and cohesive narratives that inform and engage an internal client audience with global outreach to NAMER, LATAM, EMEA and APAC regions.
Our ideal candidate should be comfortable working across many digital platforms with multiple teams, and always be curious and eager to explore new visual narratives. We are seeking a conceptual thinker, visual storyteller, and detail-oriented designer who can bring ideas to life in new and inspiring ways. You should be able to see your vision from concept to launch with minimal hand-holding.
You’ll work directly with Art Directors and Content Strategists to drive our Client’s brand sentiment and create meaningful experiences. Experience or interest in motion and animation is a plus.
- Design branding and user education projects
- Work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment with a small team including art directors, content strategists and researchers to fully realize final artwork
- Produce strong conceptual and expressive illustrations that are engaging and reflect a cohesive brand illustration aesthetic
- Generate ideas, inspire your teammates, give and receive feedback, and critique respectfully
- Able to meet multiple deadlines, prioritize work, and keep projects moving forward
- 5+ years of experience working for brand and product
- Must have portfolio link on resume
- Experience building brand, digital products and visual systems
- Portfolio exhibits strong conceptual ability, composition, typography and color
- Experience working on projects such as storyboards, narrative, advertising campaigns, product and branding assignments
- Expert in Design Tools (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and After Effects, Sketch, Keynote)
- Attention to detail and can articulate design decisions
- Projects demonstrate experience working in different styles and the ability to adapt to a set style
- No coding or development experience necessary
This is a full-time embedded position working 100% on-site at our client's office in San Francisco, CA. Relocation is not provided.
Please provide link or PDF to current portfolio of work samples.
Compensation: $115,000 - $135,000 annual salary plus paid vacation, paid stat holidays, 401(k), WFH flexibility, and a variety of perks including food and creative education programming.
Impressive candidates selected to advance through our rigorous evaluation and hiring process will be contacted.
No agencies or recruiters please.