Marketing Video Editor
- Seattle, WA, USA
Brainrider is a marketing services company with teams in Seattle, San Francisco/Menlo Park, LA, NYC, London and Toronto helping our clients build beautiful, effective, compelling content and campaigns.
We are a team of craftspeople. Our expertise and understanding earn our clients’ trust. We are successful when our clients value us. We hold ourselves accountable. We are driven to become better. We do our best when we work as a team.
We work in an open-concept space designed for team collaboration, filled with creativity, productivity, experimentation, and learning. Whether we’re brainstorming better marketing ideas for our clients or pushing hard to meet a tight deadline, it all happens with teamwork, adaptability, and optimism.
Brainrider is seeking an experienced and creative video editor to work with our client's cross-functional marketing team to produce engaging video content built from event footage, existing videos, social content, and various other sources.
You are proficient in video editing programs including Adobe Premiere, After Effects, DaVinci, etc. You take pride in being detail-oriented and creative while also able to work within pre-defined brand and style guidelines. The job requires keeping the project’s message clear, its aesthetics clean, meeting all deadlines and driving the project to completion no matter your level of involvement.
You will work closely with the video marketing lead, cross-functional stakeholders, content leads, subject matter experts, and external vendors.
Responsibilities will include:
- Video editing of highlight reels, sizzles, event loops, and other video projects.
- Follow project management workflows, processes, and brand guidelines, and suggest improvement opportunities as they come up.
- Problem-solve in all aspects of video production, including technical and content issues.
- Encode final project video files for various uses.
- Manage project assets (footage, graphics, SRT files, audio, etc.) from capture/creation through archiving.
- Remain current with film/video industry best practices for all aspects of production and suggest important process or technology adoptions.
- 3+ years of experience as a video editor.
- Demo reels/example projects available online
- Experience with all aspects of video production.
- Passion for the medium, well-paced editing, quality, and clarity.
- Advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects. Illustrator proficiency a plus. DaVinci experience a plus.
- Strong technical and video problem-solving skills (frame rates, mixing interlaced and progressive footage, composition, color correction).
- Basic motion graphics skills.
Experience with or interest in developing the skill of cinematography, audio recording/mastering, or motion graphics design and animation.
Please include a portfolio/demo reel link showing relevant video editing work with your application.
This is a full-time position reporting to our Menlo Park office, but based in our client's office in Seattle. We are only considering candidates in the Seattle Area. NO RELOCATION AVAILABLE.
Compensation: annual salary plus 15 days PTO per year, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and other benefits and onsite perks.
Impressive candidates selected to advance through our rigorous evaluation and hiring process will be contacted.
No agencies or recruiters please.