IT Systems Engineer - Network Services
- Munich, Germany
- Department: Information Technology
Founded in Munich, Germany in 1989, Brainlab develops, manufactures and markets software-driven medical technology, enabling access to improved, more efficient, less-invasive patient treatments. Our key to success is our creative, talented and hard-working team, which consists of 1400 dedicated and inspiring individuals in 19 offices worldwide. To succeed in reaching our targets, we are seeking committed colleagues who can stand behind our core values of inspiration, simplicity and integrity:
As IT Systems Engineer for Network Services you are responsible for the planning, maintenance and further development of a global network infrastructure in an enterprise environment. You support Brainlab in network projects with your expertise. Your experience guides the way in challenges such as Software-Defined-Networking, cloud network environment as well as optimizing the overall WAN connectivity. Join us in shaping the future of our network infrastructure and look forward to working with a great team of like-minded people.
Your main tasks are:
- Maintain and administer a global enterprise network (LAN/WAN/WLAN)
- Maintain and improve network performance monitoring
- Ensuring high availability, resilience and security for our global network infrastructure.
- Support other IT Teams in network related IT topics
- Further development and maintenance of rules for network firewalls
- Usage of automation solutions (optional Ansible, Python, etc) to maintain the network environment
- Close cooperation with our SOC
- A degree in computer science or an equivalent technical education, such as in the networking and communications technologies.
- Experience in the administration/monitoring/incident handline of enterprise network environments
- Profound knowledge of network and firewall environment (Cisco, Check Point, Aruba)
- Strong ability to troubleshoot (analyse, solve, adapt and document)
- An analytical approach combined with a pragmatic, solution-oriented approach and the ability to work independently are a matter of course for you.
- Business fluent German (B2) and English language skills, both written and spoken
- working in a team of great colleagues who help and support each other
- seeing your work making a positive impact on the daily work of clinicians around the world
- 30 days of vacation, plus 24.12. and 31.12.
- flexible working hours
- free gym courses with showers and changing rooms
- secure bicycle storage room
- unlimited coffee, tea and water
- excellent subsidized restaurant
- regular after-work, team & company events
- comprehensive education and training opportunities, digital language courses
A position at Brainlab means that you’ll be part of a professional business environment working together with an excellent international team. You will be a valued member of a team of likeminded individuals. You’ll be assessed fairly and given great opportunities based on your performance.
Ready to apply? We look forward to receiving your online application including your first available start date and desired salary.
Contact person: Friederike Harms