Senior Software Engineer - Medical Data & Video Science
- Munich, Germany
- Department: R&D Software
Snke OS™ is a universally deployable digital B2B platform, founded in 2020 & headquartered in Munich. Emerging technologies continue to drive a digital transformation in the healthcare economy. Our founders recognized the potential for value creation by decoupling & deploying their best-in-class platform & team so that other companies can scale up & innovate efficiently. Fueled by AI & big data analytics, Snke OS delivers the platform & infrastructure that enables partners across the healthcare industry to deploy digital solutions for safer & more efficient interventions.
The 150-person Snke OS team brings a wealth of experience to the new company with backgrounds in large platforms, digital health & software-driven medical technology. Let’s impact the industry together! We are looking for pioneers to lead fast & lead first with Snke OS.
The impressive amount of data generated in today’s high-tech operating room offers a wide range of opportunities for surgical process improvements: Besides acceleration of documentation tasks and support of clinical education, this data serves as basis for any intelligent task automatization and smart assistance tools that improve surgical procedures in terms of safety, quality and cost. For our growing team, we are looking for a software developer working on various applications and/or components that enable the modelling and analysis of surgical activities as input for further product development. Our products make strong use of C++ as well as web-based technologies such as HTML5, React, and REST APIs.
In this position, you will:
- Develop sophisticated components in C++ with an agile team (making use of latest C++17 standard)
- Dive deep into our existing framework and boost it with your modular and sustainable code
- Closely collaborate with software colleagues across Snke OS
- Contribute to our success with your creative ideas and your independent and self-responsible way of working
- Bring in your view and your expertise by actively contributing to the team especially on technical concepts
- Participate in defining the software architecture, especially on coding level
- Push for and take technical decisions in line with our team goals
In addition, as part of our team, you will:
- Work together with our Machine Learning team on innovations in the area of Surgical Data Analysis
- Evaluate and develop computer vision features in the area of image/video processing e.g. motion detection/optical flow
- Self-responsibly deep-dive and build up knowledge in relevant domains, i.e. medical video generation (endoscopy, OR lights), medical disciplines or state-of-the-art surgical data analysis
- Go beyond bounding boxes, human pose estimation or tool tracking and have inspiring talks with us about surgical data science, skill evaluation and process modelling
- Be part of our journey right from the start
- Passion for developing software
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experienced in developing software with C++ (3+ years professional experience)
- Knowledge in state-of-the-art web technologies like HTTP, REST, JSON or services and micro-services
- Well-organized and clearly structured, agile working style
- Ability to quickly grasp new contexts and get familiar with new tools
- Entrepreneurial mind-set: develop creative solutions for challenges and define our own way of working
- Excellent communication, collaboration and documentation skills (fluent English)
- Centrally located, modern work spaces
- 30 days of vacation plus 24.12. and 31.12.
- Flexible working hours
- Free gym courses with showers and changing rooms
- Secure bicycle storage room
- Unlimited coffee, tea and bottled water
- Restaurant, coffee shop on-site
- Regular after-work, team & company events
- Sheltered terrace at the Bavarian Towers
- International team of supportive colleagues
- Comprehensive training and continuing education opportunities
Interested? Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application!
Contact person: Friederike Harms