- Onikan Rd, Lagos Island, Lagos, Nigeria
Bradfield is equipped not only to attract excellent personnel but to ensure that they are improved and empowered to deliver on every client’s strategic intent/organizational goal. Our value is to assist in getting rid of all inconvenience associated with recruitment; plus reducing unsuitable employees either via skill or culture. And more… all this would be done within concise turn-around time. Beyond this, we package and deliver quality trainings to help prune your employees to deliver efficiently.
Mission And Purpose Of Business
Our mission is founded on the principle that an organization’s most strategic asset is its people. Our mission is “To Assist Every Client in Equipping Its Self with Exceptional, Effective and Performing Employees”. The end result for every client would be towering performance and higher profits.
Our Client is one of the leading law firms in Nigeria that engages in corporate and commercial law and litigation and has offices in three commercial cities of Nigeria – Lagos, Abuja and Ibadan.
They are in need of a Legal Counsel at their Lagos Office.
High level legal Advice
- Lead the provision of high level legal advice and analysis in various areas of commercial legal practice.
- Identify and monitor emerging legal developments and key concerns relating to various areas of legal services.
- Conduct and oversee significant research into legal issues in various areas of legal services.
- Write, edit, and finalise reports, opinions, correspondence, articles, and other documents.
- Keep abreast of changes in laws that affect client areas
- Cross check and ensure accuracy and sufficiency of legal advice etc. prepared by junior counsel prior to delivery to clients
- Monitor work flow of junior counsel
- Monitor on time delivery of legal services
- Conduct or ensuring training of newly hired employees
- Be able to step into leadership roles and assume responsibility as the need arises
- Ensuring filing of all processes and letters received
- Case file management: ensuring that case files are updated, accurately, endorsed, neatly stored and readily accessible.
- Growing the existing business with regard to volume, scope , quality and value of mandates
- In coordination with Partners, take the lead in responding to RFPs
- Attending networking events, seminars etc.
- Making client visits and promoting client’s business
- Coordinating Marketing Research and Training activities in line with the firms business development strategies and goals
- Supervising and monitoring issuance of invoices, payment of invoicing.
- Approving and monitoring expenses to be incurred by Junior counsel
- Policy development and implementation
- Develop procedures and policy manuals from time to time
- Monitor compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ensure consistent application of policy across the organization, including by contributing to quality control functions.
- Ensure maintenance of the firm’s policy database.
- Contributing to development of the organization’s strategic and operational plans;
- Drafting and/or editing relevant materials for publication; and
- Undertaking any other duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Partners.
- First Degree in law
- Candidate must possess at least 4/5 years post call-to-bar experience as a legal counsel
- Proven experience as a legal counsel in business environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyze situations and information
- Excellent communication skills both verbal & written
INTERESTED AND QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD PLEASE ENSURE THEIR RESUMES REFLECT CLEARLY THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- State and area of residency
- Well written and organized resume with clearly stated bio-data
- Good Educational qualification and class of degree
- All prior and current work experiences must be stated (stability with the employer is paramount)
- The total years of experience should correlate to the years at the bar.
- Unemployment gaps should be explained