SITE ENGINEER (CONTRACT)
- Ikeja Bridge, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
Our client is a fully registered private limited liability company with several subsidiaries in building, warehousing, letting, sales, and development of estates, construction, property investment, maintenance, and cold storage.
· Managing parts of construction projects.
· Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors.
· Setting out, leveling, surveying the site and organizing facilities.
· Checking plans, drawings, and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
· Supervising contracted staff.
· Ensuring projects meet agreed specifications, budgets or timescales.
· Liaising and communicating with clients, subcontractors and other professional staff, especially quantity surveyors and the overall project manager; regularly providing progress report.
· Acting as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, crafts people and operatives.
· Preparing site reports and filling in other paperwork.
· Liaising with quantity surveyors about the ordering and negotiating the price of materials, making cost-effective solutions and proposals for the intended project.
· Ensuring that health and safety and sustainability policies and legislation are adhered to.
· Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications.
· Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant.
· Managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect.
· Liaising with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws.
· Planning the work and efficiently organizing the plant and site facilities in order to meet set deadlines.
· Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise
· Bachelor’s degree in civil, structural, geotechnical, construction, mechanical, electrical or building Engineering/technology.
· Minimum of 4 years’ experience in construction and site engineering.
· Must be COREN certified.
Skills and Competence:
· Commercial awareness – an understanding of how your actions can affect the profitability of a project.
· Communication skills; written and verbal,
· Technical and excellent IT skills.
· Accuracy and attention to detail.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Project management skills.
· Organization skills and a methodical approach to work.
· Negotiation skills.
· Strong team working skills.
· Knowledge of relevant building and health and safety legislation.