- Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
Job Title: Finance Controller
Job Type: Full-time
- Responsible for reviewing internal and external operations as well as GL Management & Accounts Monitoring to ensure completeness, accuracy, and compliance with regulations.
- Provide visionary leadership and direction for the group and guide their activities to ensure the achievement of their current to medium-term strategies.
- Supervise the preparation of all final accounts (P&L and Balance Sheets) for annual reports and other management information
- Periodically review Company’s general ledger system and make recommendations as appropriate
- Support month-end and year-end close processes
- Monitor the performance of subordinates’ areas of responsibility in attaining the established business objective
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Group Managing Directo
- A first degree in any discipline. Relevant Masters’ degree will be an advantage
- Relevant professional certification(s) in Accounting /Finance e.g. CFA, CIS, ACCA, ACA, CFP etc.
- Minimum of 7- 10 years post qualification experience in Finance & Performance Management within the Financial Services Industry.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent Leadership / Supervisory ability
- Excellent Financial Analysis / Interpretation
- Good strategic planning and management skills
- Good products knowledge
- Strong environmental/ industry analysis
- Good communication skills (oral & written)
- Good knowledge of accounting standards
- Performance Management
- Initiative/ Proactive
- Analytical skills / Problem solving
- Resilience, Tenacity, and Integrity