Personal Assistant to Partner
- Lekki, Lagos, ng
Bradfield Consulting Limited - Our client, a partner in a law firm located in Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, Nigeria.
The role is focused on providing dedicated support to the partner; to ensure all secretarial and administrative tasks are handled efficiently and effectively.
The selected candidate will be required to carry out secretarial, administrative and other functions for the partner as follows:
Secretarial & Administrative Functions:
- Managing the Partner's electronic diary, handling the daily activities of the Partner. This includes handling phone calls, meetings and appointments.
- Coordinating and scheduling daily agenda and to-do list, as well as weekly and monthly calendar appointments.
- Organising and sometimes attending meetings- taking minutes/notes and ensuring the Partner is well-prepared for meetings by organising meeting notes prior to such meetings.
- Organizing team building events as required.
- Organizing and maintaining files of the Partner’s correspondence and records.
- Filing, managing databases and handling correspondence.
- Liaising with the partner’s internal and external contacts including other members of staff, vendors and clients.
- Drafting letters and emails for the partner’s final approval; efficient follow-up of tasks as stated in emails, letters.
- Assembling data and compiling information as directed.
- Organizing and expediting flow of work, initiating follow up actions where appropriate.
- Sourcing and ordering stationery and office equipment for the Partner.
- Organising, maintaining and managing the Partner’s office systems.
- Managing all incoming and outgoing correspondence, i.e., sort and read mail, draft responses, maintain network database, receive and send overnight packages.
- Administering established guidelines for prioritizing work activities, evaluating effectiveness, and modifying activities as necessary.
- Reviewing statements, invoices, receipts and charges for the Partner.
- When necessary, Lead on and carry out background research, present findings and recommendations and produce documents, briefing papers and reports.
- Attending meetings, participating in committees, and reporting to the Partner as needed/required.
- Booking travel arrangements and accommodation, when necessary, and planning itineraries as required.
- Ordering and arranging payment of a variety of goods and services required by the Partner.
- Handling some personal work for the partner including booking appointments for members of the partner’s family.
- Perform all other duties assigned from time to time.
The ideal candidates must possess the following traits:
- Discretion and trustworthiness (as selected candidates will often be party of confidential information).
- Ability and willingness to work long hours;
- Ability to work weekends when required to;
- Ability to work with minimal/no supervision.
- Ability to multi-task with minimal or no error.
- Ability to be a proactive thinker and an excellent problem solver.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Bachelor of Science or Art (B.Sc. or BA)
- Master of Science or Art (M.Sc. or MBA)
Minimum of Two (2) to four (4) years’ proven practice in a secretarial/administrative role.
Remuneration: Reasonably compensated with usual benefits