- Vancouver, BC, Canada
Brace Yourself Games is expanding. The creators of Cadence of Hyrule, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Phantom Brigade, and Industries of Titan are now hiring a Tech Director!
Duties will include:
- Helping our CEO and team leads to make key tech-related decisions
- Help the engineering teams implement best practices
- Understanding the structure of the code bases for all BYG projects
- Performing code reviews with all BYG programmers
- Joining whichever dev team needs help, to assist directly with programming tasks
- Keep up to date on the field of software engineering in games
- Tackling some of our stickiest programming challenges!
- 15+ years of professional programming experience
- 10+ years of professional game programming experience
- 5+ years of experience as a lead programmer
- Knowledge of console architecture
- Expert knowledge of data oriented design and entity component systems.
- Multiple shipped titles in a lead programmer position
- Detail oriented, responsive, and extremely reliable
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Willing to relocate to Vancouver, Canada. (We will sponsor a visa for the right candidate.)
- Available to start within 2 months
- Experience with both Unreal Engine and Unity is a plus
Brace Yourself Games is located in downtown Vancouver, Canada, and this position is local. This is a permanent full time paid position. Rate of pay is above industry standard and includes a profit sharing plan and an outstanding benefits package. We develop games because games make us happy. If we’re not having fun doing it, what’s the point? No one at BYG is required to work more than 40 hours per week. We maintain an inclusive, supportive, fun company culture. We’re looking for the candidate who will make BYG an even better place to work! We will respond to successful applicants with an offer to interview. Thanks very much! We look forward to hearing from you.