- Vancouver, BC, Canada
Brace Yourself Games is expanding. The creators of Cadence of Hyrule, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Phantom Brigade, and Industries of Titan are now hiring a Tools Programmer!
Duties will include:
- Creating and running unit-level test suites for our in-development games
- Supporting our game designers by providing with them with gameplay/balance tools
- Developing tools to help our 3D artists and animators improve the efficiency of their production pipelines
- Developing miscellaneous tools to support our video producers, writers, QA testers, composers, and sound designers
- 2+ years of professional programming experience
- Familiarity with continuous integration systems (Jenkins, Teamcity, Bamboo)
- Familiarity with Python and C++
- Detail oriented, responsive, and extremely reliable
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Willing to relocate to Vancouver, Canada. (We will sponsor a visa for the right candidate.)
- Available to start within 2 months
- Professional experience with both Unreal Engine and Unity is a plus
Brace Yourself Games is located in downtown Vancouver, Canada, and this position is local. This is a permanent full time paid position. Rate of pay is above industry standard and includes a profit sharing plan and an outstanding benefits package. We develop games because games make us happy. If we’re not having fun doing it, what’s the point? No one at BYG is required to work more than 40 hours per week. We maintain an inclusive, supportive, fun company culture. We’re looking for the candidate who will make BYG an even better place to work! We will respond to successful applicants with an offer to interview. Thanks very much! We look forward to hearing from you.