Food and Beverage Supervisor
- 1000 NW 42nd Ave, Miami, FL 33126, USA
The Regency Hotel is hiring! Be a part of an incredible transformation by applying with us today!
With a distinctive boutique ambiance, the Regency is a leading choice among Miami hotels. Our personalized service, attention to detail, and independent mind set differentiate us from our competitors.
The F&B Manager is a key member of the management team and is directly responsible for the oversight of all food &beverage operations at the property. This includes implementing budgets and the hiring, training and supervising of all related F&B service and food production staff. The F&B Manager will apply all of their experience and knowledge to assuring that the wants and needs of guests are consistently met and/or exceeded.
- Daily management of Front and Back of the House, with the help of a Sous Chef.
- Assist General Manager and Sales and Marketing Manager with banquet and event sales.
- Inspects and assists with banquet set-up and breakdown of tables, decorations, equipment, serving areas, and related activities in an accurate and timely manner
- Audit food storeroom items and storage to maintain consistent quality products to ensure adherence to all health code requirements. Enforce safety procedures and cleanliness throughout kitchen(s) including walk-in and reach-in boxes.
- Responsible for scheduling employees as needed from Front and Back of the House including supervising their performance.
- Ensure satisfaction by communicating with the client throughout the event regarding any changes, substitutions or special requests; assisting banquet staff throughout the event as needed (refilling drinks, delivering food, bussing tables, etc.); and following up with the host at the conclusion of the event.
- Hires, supervises and develops bartender, beverage cart driver, host/hostess, snack bar attendant and other employees in the Front of the House F&B department
- Conduct training and refresher classes for all Front of House F&B personnel in the correct procedures
- Forecasting and budgets pertaining to F&B Operation
- Maintaining cost controls and conducting a monthly inventory of both Front and back of the House.
- Implement and maintain F&B sales/marketing programs
- Develop and implement marketing program to increase banquet business
- Alcohol and beverage and /or food ordering – follow PO buying process
- Quality assurance, guest service, and training of all employees
- Uphold Food and Beverage policies
- Coordination between all departments
- Maintain Profitability of the Business
- Tracking of labor spending
- Develop and implement creative strategies to increase revenues
- Plan and Coordinate special events and functions
- Costing of Menus for Restaurant/s
- Responsible for overall guest satisfaction
- Ensure all employees are conducting themselves in a professional manner
- Perform daily walk-through to ensure full compliance with the Department of Health regulations
- Complies with applicable health, alcoholic beverage, fire and other local/state laws
- Closing procedures and appropriate cash handling practices
- Maintaining all Micros programming for food and beverage outlets
- Perform other duties as assigned
Must have 1-3years of related experience in F&B management
College degree preferred
Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Knowledge of pertinent health regulations and liquor laws
Must have food and beverage/ a la carte and banquet experience
Must have proven management experience
Must have strong business aptitude
Must have strong service orientation
Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
Must be highly organized, efficient and detail-oriented
Must have exceptional interpersonal skills
**Spanish is a must**
Pay rate for this Job is based on experience.
- Personal Days
- Health Care Insurance
- Additional Insurance
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines