- 1000 NW 42nd Ave, Miami, FL 33126, USA
The Regency Hotel is hiring! Be a part of an incredible transformation by applying with us today!
With a distinctive boutique ambiance, the Regency is a leading choice among Miami hotels. Our personalized service, attention to detail, and independent mind set differentiate us from our competitors.
Responsible for supplying assigned workstation with all needed products and culinary equipment for prompt production.
Prepares all the prep work for soups, sauces, salads or breadcrumbs, grated cheese, chip shallots and garlic, clarifies butter, prepares Bourget Garni, peels onions and chops parsley.
Stores all food in refrigerated boxes including covers, labels and dates, using the proper containers to protect against waste and spoilage.
Maintains dishwashing area in a clean condition at all times.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
Perform general/routine cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by your supervisor to adhere to health standards.
Keep floors dry and clean to avoid slip/fall accidents.
Perform other duties as requested, such as moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up spills, etc., to ensure safe working environment.
Specific Job knowledge, skill and ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must have basic knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking.
- Must have basic knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
- Must have knowledge of operation of all kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, and portion sizes.
- Ability to read and write the English language in order to read recipes and communicate with other employees.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hands in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, tong, slicers, etc.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move (rotate) goods weighing a maximum of 200 lbs. on a continuous basis.
- Ability to perform duties in confined spaces.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Basic cooking knowledge preferred.
Licenses or certificates:
As required by applicable governmental authorities.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
**Pay rate for this Job is $9.00**
- Personal Days
- Health Care Insurance
- Additional Insurance
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
- **Spanish is a must**