- 1000 NW 42nd Ave, Miami, FL 33126, USA
The Regency Hotel is hiring! Be a part of an incredible transformation by applying with us today!
With a distinctive boutique ambiance, the Regency is a leading choice among Miami hotels. Our personalized service, attention to detail, and independent mind set differentiate us from our competitors.
The head cook serves as a customer service ambassador ensuring that The Regency kitchen always puts forth the highest quality of service, the freshest ingredients and meets or exceeds our standards of excellence at all times.
The ideal candidate has formal culinary training and at least 3 years of experience in a high-volume kitchen. The ideal candidate must be familiarized with the assembly line kitchen environment. Candidates must also have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong supervisory skills with high customer service expectations.
- Prepares food items to order following established recipes and maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and food safety
- Prepares menus and recipes and oversees production of food according to sanitation and quality standards
- Ensures that work areas are clean and that equipment, tools, and supplies are properly stored
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and all company policies
- Manages inventory and adheres to set budgets
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 3 years of experience preferred
- Experience in supervising staff
- Knowledge of FDA and USDA regulations regarding food practices and handling required
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent communication, customer service, and problem-solving skills, including the ability to maintain composure under stress
- Strong organization skills, able to multi-task, and can manage time to meet frequently changing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Able to bend, kneel, squat, stand, and lift heavy objects as needed
- Able to work a flexible schedule, which may include working days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must be Bi-lingual -- Spanish and English
- Employee Health Insurance
- Advancement opportunities at a growing company!